Ontopic Healthcare.gov

none. Its not a pretty "i want it to look nice" remodel. Its a "shit, the previous owners sucked at everything, and it needs fixing now" remodel.

The tub cracked, all the plumbing was absolute shit, they cut all kinds of second floor joists and the floor was rotting. It gutted down to the studs, and im rebuilding the floor, thats as far as ive got.

Did i mention its our only bathroom and we've been without water for almost a week?
o fuk that sucks. Take time off work and do it.

Clearly they intend to make more than that on the drug..

It's not even relevant what they paid here. They [all big pharma] spend a shit ton of cash on R&D that ends up fruitless.

I was talking with my ex who's an 'antique' sales junkie. "Oh oh oh, I bought it for $9 and sold it for $40! Do you know how great that is???"

me: without knowing how long it took you to find it and all the hours you spend 'estate sale-ing,' along with the mileage expenses, well, NO. I have no clue how great it is.

her: But I LIKE doing that stuff. It's not work for me. THAT'S fun.

me: I like my job a lot, but I sure as shit won't do it for free.

Big Pharma loses a lot of $ spent on that R&D. They need to make the most of the successes. We're lucky they stumble on some of the stuff they end up with.

its the new year, i burned 3 weeks of leave in december, and im getting married in august :/ no leave to spare.

im getting closer, i feel a lot better now that i did earlier. all the plumbing is redone, the subfloor is rebuilt, the joists are supported, and tonight im going to be putting down backerboard and tiling. After that its the shitty period where you just have to do something, then wait 24 hours.

backerboard, wait 24 hours
tile, wait 24 hours
grout wait 24 hours
sealer, wait 6 hours.

then you can put your tub down.

we stayed in a hotel for two days

now peanut has the showers at the gym, and ive been washing in the kitchen sink :/ I'll have my first real shower in 4 days today.

if nothing else, just a spare shower stall someplace. I dont have room for a full bath anywhere, or even a half bath really.

i do, but its very evenly proportioned. All the rooms are square for the most part (12x12), and spaced evenly, with at least one window on every wall, sometimes as many as 3.

I dont know where i could chunk out some space for a second bath.

edit: oh, and no basement.

i do, but its very evenly proportioned. All the rooms are square for the most part (12x12), and spaced evenly, with at least one window on every wall, sometimes as many as 3.

I dont know where i could chunk out some space for a second bath.

edit: oh, and no basement.
Isn't the house old? Time to freshen it up. Add a bathroom and probably get some real closets.

yeah, that would require ripping out the entire interior. including all the room walls.

Wanna give me 100k to do that? I dont take kohls cash, or airline miles.
Then you're right fucked.

On that note, I just got approved for two new Southwest cards since my Companion Pass expired on Jan 1.

:bast:

if nothing else, just a spare shower stall someplace. I dont have room for a full bath anywhere, or even a half bath really.
EcA3lR5.jpg

none. Its not a pretty "i want it to look nice" remodel. Its a "shit, the previous owners sucked at everything, and it needs fixing now" remodel.

The tub cracked, all the plumbing was absolute shit, they cut all kinds of second floor joists and the floor was rotting. It gutted down to the studs, and im rebuilding the floor, thats as far as ive got.

Did i mention its our only bathroom and we've been without water for almost a week?
Been there, done that.

Previous owners at the previous crap-shack™ did the subfloor to the master bath in 1/2" particle board. It was so hilariously rotted out around the toilet that it was more or less supported by the flange only. Like shitting on the high seas, it moved so much. Stripped that bastard to the studs, and redid all the hilariously bad PVC plumbing in slightly less amateur hour PEX runs, and put down 3/4" plywood sheeting.

the toilet was resting on the flange. Which was resting on the drywall below. Which was tied into the main stack with a fernco.

Basically, the toilet was held up by drywall, and a rubber bushing two feet away from it.

Thats fixed now. Thankfully, that was the first thing i got done.