Health Thread

Could it be acid reflux? Especially since it's worse when you're laying down. I know sometimes it can feel like you're having a heart attack, it's really painful.

Edit: I rtft

You know, I have chest pains as well, feels like a heart attack. 3 possible causes: bruised cartilidge at the sternum, muscle spasms in the back (which make you feel like your'e having a heart attack) and anemia

now that I look, every single one of those makes sense. I have always had back spasms and just general "imma fatty" back problems but normally the problem comes when I sleep on my chest/side. It has come when I was sleeping on my back too though so its hard to say that. The bruised cartilage could have been caused by getting kicked in the chest multiple times.

How bad was the bruising from the attack?

sides and legs were worse than my chest since I balled up... this did start happening right after that though, like same week or following. Kinda why they thought it was stress related since it was happening right before sleep, when my mind had time to wander. I wish I could distinguish between what problems I had and what problems I got since the cold. I cant remember if I had this short of breath when it first started happening or if that part is just from being sick. Also the chest pains are probably just from coughing but its got me worried now cause its been a continuous pain for like 2 days.

I am sucking it up and setting an appointment, my mom hasnt seen her in awhile anyways so shes swinging by today and finding when would be best. Hopefully I will be going in tomorrow or wed... its just an hour+ drive so ill probably work all night so I dont miss anything tomorrow, erg

Last time I had all those symptoms, I had strep. So chances are you might have it too.

hrmmmmm, interesting... I cough more than normal even before the cold but I chopped that up to cigarettes, littering and, littering and, littering and smoking the reefer(dam super troopers, sorry :eek:)

when i read this...

That sounds pretty spot on. I have the weakness of breath and if I exert force on my chest I lose my breath all together. I think that part of it is just from being sick though and obviously smoking

Anemia in men isn't quite that common I don't think... you should go to the doctor and get a physical or at least get bloodwork (a simple CBC will diagnose anemia)

i was so mad when i first started reading this thread and all i wanted to do was call you an idiot for not just going to the fucking doctor like a man would. but then i got to the "probably tomorrow or thursday" and i calmed down because you have finally come to your senses.

don't think you're invincible because you're young. there's nothing that says you have to wake up. it's your HEART. and you're pushing your luck it seems. we are all idiots and don't know what we're talking about, and just because you can't pinpoint what is going on doesn't mean that all this rambling wouldn't make perfect sense to a doctor. their experience from hearing people try to describe what's going on leads them to being good at knowing what the problem is.

so quit procrastinating and being scared and go already. :heart:

erggggg i just typed out a whole fucking page and it didnt post

Anyways...

Thanks for the kick in the head, I needed it. I went to the doctors today and they ran a buncha tests and took my blood so I just have to wait to hear back from them. Then I went to the MRI place and had xrays of my chest taken. Waited for hours in a room with annoying kids and a mother that was twice as annoying as her kids. There was a hottie in the xray room giving me little looks and shit, calmed me down quite a bit :fly:. She ended up following me out and poking her head around the corner with a smile as I was pulling out. Hopefully I have to go back to pick up the xrays, if not im just gonna break my pinky.

The doc said it could be anything from stress to obviously more severe things but lets wait to get everything back before jumping to conclusions. My wallet is now empty but kinda my fault for spending what I thought was "extra" money yesterday at the head shop. They have me on something for my current cold, bronchitis infection. Then they have me on an anti-inflamitory(sp?) for my previous and main chest problem. They said it could be just from getting kicked and it never got to heal properly, dunno again, ill wait before scaring myself.

Thanks again though, scared the doctor into me, lol

i was so mad when i first started reading this thread and all i wanted to do was call you an idiot for not just going to the fucking doctor like a man would. but then i got to the "probably tomorrow or thursday" and i calmed down because you have finally come to your senses.

don't think you're invincible because you're young. there's nothing that says you have to wake up. it's your HEART. and you're pushing your luck it seems. we are all idiots and don't know what we're talking about, and just because you can't pinpoint what is going on doesn't mean that all this rambling wouldn't make perfect sense to a doctor. their experience from hearing people try to describe what's going on leads them to being good at knowing what the problem is.

so quit procrastinating and being scared and go already. :heart:

done :p

I would suggest taking a look at health insurance before you go any further, it might be beneficial down the road.

I gotz peoplez :D

The visit to the doctor, blood work and other tests cost me 43 big ones :fly:

The meds on the other hand were very very expensive :( I hate taking meds though and rarely ever do even if needed. The meds were 3 times more expensive then the xray :eek:

The only reason I will get health insurance is if I start skating again or if there is something big to this chest problem. Otherwise I can head up north for free crappy health care :p

This has probably been said, but I'm too lazy to read the thread: lose some weight dood, the working out also helps with stress