Health Thread

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
So lately I have run into a problem with my health that I am quite concerned about but dont care to go to the hospital :tard:. I have been doing research online about this problem but it is really hard to explain. I figured I would run it by you guys and see if anyone has had a similar problem.

Let me start by saying I have been sick for a week and this problem started(very randomly) about 6 months ago so they are not the same. Currently I am experiencing tons of chest pains but that is being caused by how much I have been coughing, so that is also not related.

Now, heres the problem and bare with me...

Right before I go to bed and it only happens at night just before I fall asleep I get this weird sharp quick pain in my chest. It is like a rush of pain that starts in my chest and spreads out causing me to raise up in pain. It is a very hard pain to describe, I want to say it is almost like an electric shock that spreads. It lasts maybe 3 seconds but it is enough to wake me up completely and if I lay back down it will happen again. Although I have never been shocked by paddles, that is the closest this I can relate this pain to.

It is a building pain that I can feel coming and it always happens as I am laying down right before I fall asleep. I was thinking it was caused by stress or anxiety but it is manifesting into such a crazy pain that I have never felt before. I think it has something to do with me laying on my chest and maybe even something to do with lack of oxygen to the lungs??? It is such an odd but super painful and almost more annoying than anything since it wakes me back up. It does not happen every night, like 3 or 4 times a week now.

I am a smoker and I rarely drink anymore...

got any ideas? I am going to give it another weeks or so and get better from this cold so I can cut it down to 1 problem. Just wondering if anyone heard of anything like this or deals with this?

We can use this thread to bring up other problems to, feel free to jack

Go to the doctor, don't fuck around with your heart.

I've been referred to a cardiologist because of something similar. After several ultrasounds, it turns out I have a minor defect that should correct itself, but I have to go get checked every few years, and may need corrective drugs down the road.

The first thing they are going to say is stop smoking. Sorry.

You're doing good with losing weight but you also need some cardio. Walk to the liquor store instead of driving.

Go to the doctor, don't fuck around with your heart.

I've been referred to a cardiologist because of something similar. After several ultrasounds, it turns out I have a minor defect that should correct itself, but I have to go get checked every few years, and may need corrective drugs down the road.

Yeah, I have a couple "free" docs I can go see that are friends of the family. I have just been putting it off cause I hate going and I cant really point out the problem. It is such a random event, didnt even happen last night but the night before I didnt get to bed till 530am cause of it.

Doc is the next step but if anyone else can chime in that would be great

my guess is intense acid reflux pain. next time it happens chaw down a bunch of tums and see if it recedes faster than it usually does.

The first thing they are going to say is stop smoking. Sorry.

You're doing good with losing weight but you also need some cardio. Walk to the liquor store instead of driving.

Stopping smoking is high on the list but easier said then done.

As for cardio, I really dont get that much anymore so that is a good idea. Maybe I just need to strengthen my lungs? I was going to buy a skate board this week, I guess I will do that today.

BTW - I still have 1 beer left out of the 6 pack I bought last week, I rarely drink ;)

my guess is intense acid reflux pain. next time it happens chaw down a bunch of tums and see if it recedes faster than it usually does.

I do get acid reflux quite often, heart burn crazy guy I am! I was thinking this could be the cause to but it feels nothing like normal acid reflux. This is seriously an electric shock feeling pain right at the chest that spreads in about 2-3 seconds and then dissipates to nothing.

I do get acid reflux quite often, heart burn crazy guy I am! I was thinking this could be the cause to but it feels nothing like normal acid reflux. This is seriously an electric shock feeling pain right at the chest that spreads in about 2-3 seconds and then dissipates to nothing.

yeah, i have reflux too and what you are describing is not reflux/heartburn. Does the pain seem more intense on the left side of your body? Does it permeate out to your left arm, or does it stay mostly in the chest area?

Either way, don't screw around with this, you need to go see a doctor. whatever is causing these symptoms will be much cheaper and easier to treat early rather than later, take my word for it.

why the frak not :eek:

quit smoking, see a doctor. this does not sound like something for which you should rely on the internet

It started happening right after I got jumped in Ybor so my moms thought it might be related to that. It then stopped for awhile so I didnt think much of it and then it just started back up recently. It is very random and last doc I talked to said it was probably a stress related problem. Since it has started back up I do not think they were right...

I am going to go in eventually, probably within the next week or so... just gotta find time

yeah, i have reflux too and what you are describing is not reflux/heartburn. Does the pain seem more intense on the left side of your body? Does it permeate out to your left arm, or does it stay mostly in the chest area?

Either way, don't screw around with this, you need to go see a doctor. whatever is causing these symptoms will be much cheaper and easier to treat early rather than later, take my word for it.

When I say spreads it is more like an outward pulse starting in the middle of my chest and a rapid shock outwards. No arm pain or other symptoms that would make me think it is a heart problem other than where the burst of pain is located. Just talked to moms and shes gonna set me up something this week I guess, just gotta make time

I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask on here though and thanks guys

So lately I have run into a problem with my health that I am quite concerned about but dont care to go to the hospital :tard:. I have been doing research online about this problem but it is really hard to explain. I figured I would run it by you guys and see if anyone has had a similar problem.

Let me start by saying I have been sick for a week and this problem started(very randomly) about 6 months ago so they are not the same. Currently I am experiencing tons of chest pains but that is being caused by how much I have been coughing, so that is also not related.

Now, heres the problem and bare with me...

Right before I go to bed and it only happens at night just before I fall asleep I get this weird sharp quick pain in my chest. It is like a rush of pain that starts in my chest and spreads out causing me to raise up in pain. It is a very hard pain to describe, I want to say it is almost like an electric shock that spreads. It lasts maybe 3 seconds but it is enough to wake me up completely and if I lay back down it will happen again. Although I have never been shocked by paddles, that is the closest this I can relate this pain to.

It is a building pain that I can feel coming and it always happens as I am laying down right before I fall asleep. I was thinking it was caused by stress or anxiety but it is manifesting into such a crazy pain that I have never felt before. I think it has something to do with me laying on my chest and maybe even something to do with lack of oxygen to the lungs??? It is such an odd but super painful and almost more annoying than anything since it wakes me back up. It does not happen every night, like 3 or 4 times a week now.

I am a smoker and I rarely drink anymore...

got any ideas? I am going to give it another weeks or so and get better from this cold so I can cut it down to 1 problem. Just wondering if anyone heard of anything like this or deals with this?

We can use this thread to bring up other problems to, feel free to jack
Could it be acid reflux? Especially since it's worse when you're laying down. I know sometimes it can feel like you're having a heart attack, it's really painful.

Edit: I rtft

You know, I have chest pains as well, feels like a heart attack. 3 possible causes: bruised cartilidge at the sternum, muscle spasms in the back (which make you feel like your'e having a heart attack) and anemia

Last edited:
Do you feel any tightness or soreness if you feel around you chest while sitting up right?

Well thats the problem, I have been sick for a week and hacking my lungs out so yeah, tons of soreness. Before I got sick, no it was just the evil surge of pain before I would fall asleep. So I doubt my current chest pain is related since there is a reason for the chest pain, ya know?

Could it be acid reflux? Especially since it's worse when you're laying down. I know sometimes it can feel like you're having a heart attack, it's really painful.

Edit: I rtft

You know, I have chest pains as well, feels like a heart attack. 3 possible causes: bruised cartilidge at the sternum, muscle spasms in the back (which make you feel like your'e having a heart attack) and anemia

when i read this...

Anemia goes undetected in many people, and symptoms can be small and vague. Most commonly, people with anemia report a feeling of weakness or fatigue in general or during exercise, general malaise and sometimes poor concentration. People with more severe anemia often report dyspnea (shortness of breath) on exertion. Very severe anemia prompts the body to compensate by increasing cardiac output, leading to palpitations and sweatiness, and to heart failure.

That sounds pretty spot on. I have the weakness of breath and if I exert force on my chest I lose my breath all together. I think that part of it is just from being sick though and obviously smoking

Drink lots of fluids, take vitamins, cut back on smoking for a few days, and lots of rest. Go find you a good woman to take care of you. Or least a minimally hairy man.