Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I was ranting - it's a multi-faceted issue that often forms around vegan/low-meat diets vs. hard core meat eaters. I agree with fly eating meat gets the basic form into your body but their are some vegan sources. And the supplement is tasty and cheap.
The question is are those meat sources natural. I say they are not. Used to be, sure. Partly, probably. Consistently, no way.

The other question is are the amounts high enough to give you what you need. If you eat meat at every meal, most definitely. If you eat meat occasionally, take your supplements sonny.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
The question is are those meat sources natural. I say they are not. Used to be, sure. Partly, probably. Consistently, no way.

The other question is are the amounts high enough to give you what you need. If you eat meat at every meal, most definitely. If you eat meat occasionally, take your supplements sonny.
In answer to your question - they are natural. B12 is made in the gut of animals by naturally occurring bacteria. Similar to the top vegan sources of B-12, nutritional yeast, and tempeh.

this conversation is interesting and it reminds me that I should get back on taking my prenatal vitamins again, not bc I'm planning on getting pregnant again just yet but mostly bc I've been forgetting to eat a lot since I started on Adderall and the one meal a day I usually end up getting probably doesn't have all the nutritional value I need :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
sniffing lady gaga GIF

Weird. I'm not fat or in poor health.
I'm not either. Not bad for 61.75 years. Kayaked 6.5 miles yesterday, kicked all millennial ass thoroughly. My reward - I got to paddle two kayaks daisy chained together, back.
Poor health is a bit relative - your good might feel like crap to someone else.

Nobody wants me pissing on em right now. There’s all kinds of weird sediment flowing through my catheter tubing:

In the meantime, I’m taking a break from your B-12 peepee discussion.

Man, am I fucked up. I’ve started throwing away some of my meds to stay awake. I’ve been waiting to get to the point where I’m asleep most of the time and then pass away, but I’m not to that point yet. I shouldn’t be, anyway. Without the meds, I can actually speak in full sentences. When I’m on them, I can’t even stay awake to eat.

I don’t know how much of this will be repeated from earlier posts.

I talked them into moving my oxygen machine out of my room and into the hallway. The temp in my room has dropped at least 10°. My son dropped off my fridge today along with Ensure and Coke. I notified Hospice and let them know I was changing my meds and have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow with a doctor, nurse, and the administrator here. Again.

I heard a half-heated discussion earlier with my neighbor (who complained about someone else’s machine once) and a worker (who speaks very broken Engrish) and I guess the worker was on my side and won, because the machine is still in the hall.

The worker. LO fuckin L. I get this walker delivered yesterday and last night, my catheter bag was attached to it and was pretty damn full. When he was in here, I pointed at it and said “You may want to empty that”. His reply? “Rental”
Me: “The bag is full.”
Him: “Rental”

BB9CBF9C-220A-48B3-859E-73B5620B52C0.jpeg

See what I’m dealing with here? The halibut I had for dinner had more brains than this idiot. Having him get me a vanilla Ensure out of my new fridge earlier was another paragraph, trust me. And these are the people trusted to handle my meds? The first night, I asked for a morphine pill and he returned with an empty syringe and a bottle of morphine. I should’ve just done one good dose and this place would be boarded up by now. LOL But, the food has been outstanding lately and I just got a new fridge.

So, this sleeping thing. I fell asleep last 13 minutes into a movie I was streaming. Crawled from the recliner to the bed. Woke at 3 am, which I’m programmed for. Fell asleep again. Woke at 7:30. Started eating breakfast and fell asleep AGAIN. Woke at 1:30 and called the administrator. She gave me ice packs for my headache and said this was normal. I disagree, because I’ve seen two parents go through pretty much the same thing, and I’m not “there” yet. Soon, but not yet.

I’ll know more tomorrow after this meeting. I hope. Thanks for reading.

TL/DR? Too bad, go back to the top you lazy fucker.

• Sad
  • Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
The other evening I was taking a number two and noticed urine dripping from where the catheter exits my pee hole. Hospice sent a nurse by yesterday to replace it (it’s been 5 weeks, swap is suggested after 4) and after 3 tries, it was deemed a failure. Now my dickhead and urethra are a bloody mess.

And I’m wearing a Depends pull up. No leaks yet, but I need to re-train myself how to hold it and pee when I need to. So far, so good.

They may fry again next week, but I may wait until absolutely necessary. I’ll have to have one soon enough anyway and it was nice not having to worry about going, but now once it’s installed again I’ll still be worrying. Damn.

I had an incident last night that I swore was gonna be “the one”. I couldn’t catch my breath, no matter what. THAT’S exactly why I got on hospice. To be made comfortable and avoid that.

I have an advocacy group now handling the death with dignity possibility. I asked the administrator of this facility if she was okay with it and she said no, BUT, she may have to be okay with it if she wants to remain accredited in Oregon. That’s a topic I’ll bring up Monday or next time I speak with the advocates.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Domon