Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Even I started going back to normal. Went on vacation, didn't wear a mask. Feels bad man, probably gonna get delta and give it to my kids

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
My son has gone against my wishes and has taken advantage of the FMLA, and I couldn’t be prouder. He went to work the other day and I received a text saying

“I’m coming home and I don’t want to hear anything once I get there, but my place is there.”

We’ve butted heads a few times regarding what being a caretaker consists of because frankly, he was raised in a different world than I but we both recognize that and work around it. He knows it doesn’t mean 8 continuous hours of deep sleep though LOL. All straightened out.

I couldn’t be here without him, so I asked him to, when he gets fed up, to last as long as he can by considering where I’d be and what I’d be doing when he reaches his limit and where I’d be then. For now, I get coffee when I want, and a meal when I can stomach anything. And would he want to be where I’d be going. That should convince him to hang onto me as long as possible.

He’s had more dialogue with my siblings than ever, and that’s a good thing. I have three sisters and brothers within 3 miles of us and we rarely see each other, even pre-Covid, and he’s built on what little relationship they had before. Nice. He went for a driving lesson with my neighbor the other day (I can’t do that anymore) and Mrs Neighbor sat with me while they were out. She’s good company, and has been a damn fine neighbor (and good cook) for years, so that was nice.

The decline. I’m starting to hit the morphine slightly more but am still “undermedicated” by their standards. That’s changing. I’ll likely hit the Diazepam much more also, as there are times where thats the appropriate option. I’m getting a little anxious and stressed also. Dying is some cereal business!

View attachment 14541

I’m glad you’re not alone

I’m glad you’re not alone

Thanks honey, and me too!

At around 2:00 or 3:00 am, I had a scary moment. I’ve been saying all along that I don’t fear the reaper of what comes after I pass, but I DO fear the process of dying and wish that part to go as painlessly as possible

• Sad
Reactions: Petunia
Oops wasn’t done.

So I’m up doing stuff and suddenly, can’t breathe. At all. Just like someone is corking me up, and my first instinct is to yell for son.

Son! SON!! Eventually he comes out and I can barely get the word out medazolam again medazolam then morphine and within a few minutes, I’m breathing. I’m certain that it’s going to be a moment like that usher me off to the next stage of this shit.

I’m pretty fuckin brave (I’ll fight any of you LOL and lose) but I was as scared as a schoolboy with a mousetrap on his peepee whatever that means.

Peace

I’m pretty fuckin brave (I’ll fight any of you LOL and lose) but I was as scared as a schoolboy with a mousetrap on his peepee whatever that means.

Peace
I get that last part - I popped a bubble gum bubble on my junk when I was like 5-7. GD did I regret that.

Hope it goes as desired. Smooth. Glad your son could be there. I think he will be too. Peace brother.

Went to my weekly allergy doctor appointment last week. Got stabbed in the arm a few times. I've now completed the first 6 months of vials. Had a quick meeting with the actual allergist doctor (I get my injections from the shot nurse so I never see the doctor). Brief exam and found out that I have sinus polyps from years of unchecked allergy symptoms, blowing my nose all the time, etc. Not sure how my other doctors missed that. I have a hard time breathing through my left sinus & nostril; I just assumed that I had a deviated septum. Plus I get bloody nose almost every winter; like going from cold outside into warm house/building inside, and nose starts to run. Never knew all these years that it was actually something that should be fixed. Anyway, I have to get a steroidal nasal spray medication, try that for 3 months and see if it reduces the size of the polyps. Most likely they wont according to the allergist, and that I'll need a referral to an ENT to get them looked at and/or removed.

Thats what had me fucked for like 3 months
Just now getting back to normal
Yeah, been going to chiropractor (wait before jumping to conclusions) who has been doing massage, stretching, electrical stimulation, and yeah cracking back to help. But last visit he suggested that I talk with my PCP about getting an anti-inflammatory because this muscle just won't loosen up in my lower back and it pushes against the nerve. Sitting , walking, standing, doesn't really matter hurts the same. Right now is more annoying than like debilitating.

Yeah, been going to chiropractor (wait before jumping to conclusions) who has been doing massage, stretching, electrical stimulation, and yeah cracking back to help. But last visit he suggested that I talk with my PCP about getting an anti-inflammatory because this muscle just won't loosen up in my lower back and it pushes against the nerve. Sitting , walking, standing, doesn't really matter hurts the same. Right now is more annoying than like debilitating.
I went to the bone cracker too, and got no relief
Finally went to a "real" doc, got some sterioids and that made it much better
Then just treadmilling and stretching

tbf I feel like some quacks give all chiros a bad name, but they can be super helpful if what they do is what you need. like I don't go for the woo-ier bits and I'm 100% not down with ones who "adjust" babies, but like sometimes as adult with shitty bones and joints, that hands-on manipulation really helps/provides relief, & it sounds like your guy knows when what he can do isn't enough.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
The past few days have been a scream.

Im starting to get pissed at one of my nurses. Maybe more than one. And I just watched my iPad delete half this post three characters at a time while my hands were inches above the keypad. Hmmm.

We’re still working on getting the right O2 balance. Drugs + supplemental O2 + new drugs makes it hard to come up with a steady oxygen saturation level. Especially when ya keep fuckin with the quantities of any of the above. Jeezus. It’s killin me. I finally had to put my foot down again and say no. NO.

I don’t wanna get into it too deeply, but I’m getting it straightened out AGAIN. The second oxygen machine has been off now for two days (maybe three?) and I’m starting to feel okay.

My son has taken (I’m probably repeating myself) time off and is now my full time caretaker. Thank gods. Without him, I’d be in a care center. I can’t do anything for myself anymore. I can stand and piss, but anything beyond that, forget it. I have left the living room in three days now. When I busted up my legs, I spent a few months here, but I had a hospital bed. I don’t think I’ll make it that far this time. I’ll be in a center before then, or hopefully, dead. I don’t want this to go that far before I croak.

more in a second Cannon is on

The past few days have been a scream.

Im starting to get pissed at one of my nurses. Maybe more than one. And I just watched my iPad delete half this post three characters at a time while my hands were inches above the keypad. Hmmm.

We’re still working on getting the right O2 balance. Drugs + supplemental O2 + new drugs makes it hard to come up with a steady oxygen saturation level. Especially when ya keep fuckin with the quantities of any of the above. Jeezus. It’s killin me. I finally had to put my foot down again and say no. NO.

I don’t wanna get into it too deeply, but I’m getting it straightened out AGAIN. The second oxygen machine has been off now for two days (maybe three?) and I’m starting to feel okay.

My son has taken (I’m probably repeating myself) time off and is now my full time caretaker. Thank gods. Without him, I’d be in a care center. I can’t do anything for myself anymore. I can stand and piss, but anything beyond that, forget it. I have left the living room in three days now. When I busted up my legs, I spent a few months here, but I had a hospital bed. I don’t think I’ll make it that far this time. I’ll be in a center before then, or hopefully, dead. I don’t want this to go that far before I croak.

more in a second Cannon is on
big hug immi baba

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant