Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

You’re likely correct because when I’ve seen movies or TV and the characters are low on oxygen, they seem damn happy.
I dunno, mostly when I'm under-oxygenated I'm really tired and dizzy with a massive headache. It's not happy to me. I have a different kind of problem where I'm short on healthy red blood cells and consequently there's less oxygen distribution. When I tank, I know it and it SUCKS.

But I think its chemically a 1-to-1 exchange. Air comes in. The alveoli in your lungs are more attracted to O2 than CO2, so when they see it, they take the O2 and cast off the CO2. Therefore low oxygen saturation should mean high co2 saturation.

And the alveoli are actually MORE attracted to carbon monoxide than oxygen, so they will readily take that instead of oxygen - which is how CO poisoning works.

All I can do is what the pros suggest. They say that COPD patients retain CO2 much easier than non-patients and will hand onto the CO2 OVER the oxygen, instead of, whatever the proper term is.

Late yesterday, I gave up and turned my machine up, resulting in a higher oxygen level on meters but also made me stop feeling sick. I could also stand up for long enough to grab some saltines and sit back down. Before I turned up, I had decided I was done and could not be left alone, period, and afterward I knew I could get by.

At rest. I can keep the machine down but then my body starts gasping for air at around 93%. That’s the target number they want me at, and will allow CO2 to not take over my bloodstream. SomTHEY say, not me. I have to go by their instructions the best I can, but not if I’m sick the whole time. That makes it hard to stick to their instructions.

The thing is, I’m told there is no place for people like e to go when they can’t take care of themselves. There used to be. It’s now my own fault that I’m not insured enough or have enough savings, whatever, to put myself into and pay for a care center until I pass. I visited a lot of older relatives in care centers when I was a kid, and they were all there until they died. Things changed in the ‘80s for everyone, and the changes affected those who had $$ the least. That’s just the way the world and the health”care” industry changed. Oh well.

• Love
Reactions: fly
Eat more beans immi, apparently farting could help lower the Co2.
*A typical fart is composed of about 59 percent nitrogen, 21 percent hydrogen, 9 percent carbon dioxide, 7 percent methane and 4 percent oxygen.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Also, opiates make your body crave oxygen less, so that could be why they are pushing them on you. I hate that you are dying and being made to feel like a criminal for taking meds to keep you comfy.

And now I’m back under the magnifier. The nurse did an inventory the other day when she was here and ordered meds. The next day, I was on the phone with them and said “I’m running low on oxycodone, but it seems to soon, yet the bottle looks low.” I counted and sure enough, a refill would be needed soon.

An hour later, phone rings. “Your nurse says between the bottles, you have enough to last until ______.” I’m like “What? Between ‘what’ other bottle?”

As per law here, the Rx is to be kept in the original container, labeled, period, and that’s how I’ve handled that shit since day one (well over 15 years ago).

“There is a bottle in your nightstand.” WTF? I have to inventory a dozen different meds, which I was handling just fine, and the second she takes over she makes it more difficult for me to track? And it’s not going according to law, which is fine, but maybe she should’ve made it clear where these were. And why? There were three drugs placed there, all for “emergency use”. It’s the third strongest, the third in line, to take in case of emergency. Why would I even THINK to look for them there?

She was here the other day and we straightened that out. When I mentioned I was still running low, and this time ACTUALLY running low, she said re-order when you need to. So I did. Right there when she was sitting there. When they arrived, what ya know. They are now limiting the amount they send to less than half of what the usual quantity was, great. Now I’m a flagged as a pill seeker. That’s how they do that according to the junkies I knew in AA.

What’s weird too. I’m an alcoholic. Yet, and I know they have reason to question everything I do and say because of that, I have never abused my meds, ever. I have always stayed within the prescribed guidelines. Always. And that may be why I’m sofa king offended when I’m looked at double hard for something SHE did.

I literally just want to fucking die in my sleep peacefully. I had an incident last evening and I thought I was slipping away. It felt horrible. I watched the numbers on my meter drop all the way to 68% oxygen and 60 BPM heart rate and texted my son because I thought we needed to say goodbye, then I realized my machine was set on 1 Liter oxygen. I turned it up to 3 and all was fine in a half hour LOL

Eat more beans immi, apparently farting could help lower the Co2.
*A typical fart is composed of about 59 percent nitrogen, 21 percent hydrogen, 9 percent carbon dioxide, 7 percent methane and 4 percent oxygen.

Right now, I eat Whatever I can mange to fix. Some days, it’s Wheat Thins. I actually had chili yesterday.

Burps and farts. I do both constantly, all day, because of the leaky bleb. It’s been extra bad the past couple days and the social worker had the nerve to comment that it “was rude” while we were on the phone. I apologized profusely and reminded her about the bleb/hole in lung and she acted like she didn’t know anything about it.

Maybe their workloads are too high, are she’s too fucking stupid to her job right. She also suggested my sister move from her town 8 hours away to live with me. She has a life. And a family. Yes, asking isn’t that big of a deal, but she asked at least three times. After the first “no”, she should’ve retained it.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Right now, I eat Whatever I can mange to fix. Some days, it’s Wheat Thins. I actually had chili yesterday.

Burps and farts. I do both constantly, all day, because of the leaky bleb. It’s been extra bad the past couple days and the social worker had the nerve to comment that it “was rude” while we were on the phone. I apologized profusely and reminded her about the bleb/hole in lung and she acted like she didn’t know anything about it.

Maybe their workloads are too high, are she’s too fucking stupid to her job right. She also suggested my sister move from her town 8 hours away to live with me. She has a life. And a family. Yes, asking isn’t that big of a deal, but she asked at least three times. After the first “no”, she should’ve retained it.
Jesus - burps and farts aren't rude, they just happen. Sorry you're having to deal with such idiots. Like you said, maybe workload is too high. Probably many of them were not "first call" people during better times. sorry baba.

And now I’m back under the magnifier. The nurse did an inventory the other day when she was here and ordered meds. The next day, I was on the phone with them and said “I’m running low on oxycodone, but it seems to soon, yet the bottle looks low.” I counted and sure enough, a refill would be needed soon.

An hour later, phone rings. “Your nurse says between the bottles, you have enough to last until ______.” I’m like “What? Between ‘what’ other bottle?”

As per law here, the Rx is to be kept in the original container, labeled, period, and that’s how I’ve handled that shit since day one (well over 15 years ago).

“There is a bottle in your nightstand.” WTF? I have to inventory a dozen different meds, which I was handling just fine, and the second she takes over she makes it more difficult for me to track? And it’s not going according to law, which is fine, but maybe she should’ve made it clear where these were. And why? There were three drugs placed there, all for “emergency use”. It’s the third strongest, the third in line, to take in case of emergency. Why would I even THINK to look for them there?

She was here the other day and we straightened that out. When I mentioned I was still running low, and this time ACTUALLY running low, she said re-order when you need to. So I did. Right there when she was sitting there. When they arrived, what ya know. They are now limiting the amount they send to less than half of what the usual quantity was, great. Now I’m a flagged as a pill seeker. That’s how they do that according to the junkies I knew in AA.

What’s weird too. I’m an alcoholic. Yet, and I know they have reason to question everything I do and say because of that, I have never abused my meds, ever. I have always stayed within the prescribed guidelines. Always. And that may be why I’m sofa king offended when I’m looked at double hard for something SHE did.

I literally just want to fucking die in my sleep peacefully. I had an incident last evening and I thought I was slipping away. It felt horrible. I watched the numbers on my meter drop all the way to 68% oxygen and 60 BPM heart rate and texted my son because I thought we needed to say goodbye, then I realized my machine was set on 1 Liter oxygen. I turned it up to 3 and all was fine in a half hour LOL
This made me fucking tear up. I'll miss you buddy. Fuck :(

immi

giphy.gif

• Gravy
I’m sorry ol, admit I haven’t read anything here this afternoon.

I’m having a really rough time. I can’t say if I’ll be back. Love peace’s hope to see you soon.

im sick as fuck. Drugs aren’t helping much. I need to go.
Love all
I'm virtually hugging the shit out of you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Love
I’m sorry ol, admit I haven’t read anything here this afternoon.

I’m having a really rough time. I can’t say if I’ll be back. Love peace’s hope to see you soon.

im sick as fuck. Drugs aren’t helping much. I need to go.
Love all
I love you, bud.

I'm sorry the physical parts are so hard, and I'm angry that the people who are supposed to be helping you are more worried about the politeness of gas, or covering their own asses, even if it means leaving you in pain. you've got so much to deal with, you shouldn't have to deal with that, too.

I love you, bud.

I'm sorry the physical parts are so hard, and I'm angry that the people who are supposed to be helping you are more worried about the politeness of gas, or covering their own asses, even if it means leaving you in pain. you've got so much to deal with, you shouldn't have to deal with that, too.
People are bastards.

• Gravy