Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

When I was trimming the tree in the Dog Thrad, one of the branches slid down and scratched my forearm something fierce.
What's weird is I was out in the sun cleaning everything up today and the sun hitting it made it burn.

Anyone have any ideas why?

Because it’s a scratch through your skin and isn’t skin, so the sun hitting it causes it to have a different sensation than skin would, and in this case it’s “burn”. Tomorrow it won’t be “burn”, but it’ll feel different than it does today.

It’ll either feel better or your arm will smell like rotting flesh and you’ll have to go get a shot.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
oh man, they reglued the one side for free, and are making a whole new retainer to put in next week, because apparently it had come off that one completely.

I paid $270 for the privilege, but fuck, I can't whine too much about not poking my tongue every 3 seconds.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
My permanent retainer has decided to come unglued from my teeth, now I've got a pokey bit of wire that my tongue won't leave the fuck alone.
I had that problem a few months ago. The orthodontist told me the wire that they used 20 something years ago was stranded. Strands are breaking out. They don't use stranded wire now. Also they use a heavy gauge wire anchored to two teeth not the four that I have now. Anyway they cleared the broken wire and reglued it. If it breaks again I'll pay to have it replaced.

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant
Whining ahead, fair warning.

Man. If today is indicative of what my slow slide is gonna be like, I’m fucked. LOL seriously. Today, I can’t walk ten feet without my oxygen sat dipping into the low 70% range, and recovery is slow. Typically, my heart rate jumps to 130 along with the low oxygen, but not today. It sure is weird tracking it. There is no rhyme or reason to it at all.

That is all.

Man. If today is indicative of what my slow slide is gonna be like, I’m fucked. LOL seriously. Today, I can’t walk ten feet without my oxygen sat dipping into the low 70% range, and recovery is slow. Typically, my heart rate jumps to 130 along with the low oxygen, but not today. It sure is weird tracking it. There is no rhyme or reason to it at all.

That is all.
You sure you don't want me to come cook for you, man? I make a good house bitch.

I've actually taken care of....nevermind.
I can do whatever you need done, no need to be overly descriptive.
I can do it with dignity and compassion, until I cant, but that's usually just a temporary freak out and I'm good for the long haul after that.
Sayin'

That is all.

can you have everything much closer to you to avoid walking as much as you can?

• Gravy

That is all.
Sorry baba. Hopefully you'll have some more better days. That happens a lot, even to people in a serious state. Up/down
I'm glad you have us and the 'Net for some companionship.
Hugs - and fingers crossed.

• Gravy