Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I’ve been thinking about ditching the beard. I grew it because it was easier than shaving every couple days and I didn’t care what it looked like, and now I’m attached to it. But it’s becoming increasingly gross down deep, all crusty and flaky, and spots that hurts like open wounds and seep. Disgusting. I’d take it down to less than an inch at first, because that would be easier to shampoo over a sink than this thing.

What a stupid thing to be conflicted over. I’m a fuckin idiot. Waaaa

If you do cut it off use it to tie some fly fishing lures or something cool, don't just throw it away.

Sure you could donate it to someplace that makes cancer wigs but everyone already does that already to the point it's become passe'.

I'll give you $5 for a few wisps for a couple flies and you can give that to the cancer people.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I’ve been thinking about ditching the beard. I grew it because it was easier than shaving every couple days and I didn’t care what it looked like, and now I’m attached to it. But it’s becoming increasingly gross down deep, all crusty and flaky, and spots that hurts like open wounds and seep. Disgusting. I’d take it down to less than an inch at first, because that would be easier to shampoo over a sink than this thing.

shaving sucks, especially if you're got skin issues Bring it down to a buzzable length so its easier to deal with, but you dont have to scrape a razor across your skin and risk irritating it

shaving sucks, especially if you're got skin issues Bring it down to a buzzable length so its easier to deal with, but you dont have to scrape a razor across your skin and risk irritating it

I've been doing that for a long time now. Cut it with a Clippers with no guard but you're still a little above running blade on skin.

More recently, the Velcro type thing it ends up as holds your covid mask in place.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon

Yea do it. I thought you were at least 80 years old with that beard

Beards do that. I can look 20 years older and worn out letting it grow. Head hair doesn't have gray yet but face mostly is and some of it almost white.

Knew a guy who had a full head of long hair all the way into his 50s that never turned gray. He never colored it either. One day he shaved it all off for some reason and it all grew back completely silver. We called it possum blond.

If you do cut it off use it to tie some fly fishing lures or something cool, don't just throw it away.

Sure you could donate it to someplace that makes cancer wigs but everyone already does that already to the point it's become passe'.

I'll give you $5 for a few wisps for a couple flies and you can give that to the cancer people.

This hair is too unhealthy, nobody would want this as a wig. Maybe a merkin.

Yes, I wouldn’t shave. No way. It makes me squirmy just thinking about the blades scraping the scabby surface of my face. What you describe is the only way to go.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and HipHugHer
This hair is too unhealthy, nobody would want this as a wig. Maybe a merkin.

Yes, I wouldn’t shave. No way. It makes me squirmy just thinking about the blades scraping the scabby surface of my face. What you describe is the only way to go.
you figure out the car for your son yet?

you figure out the car for your son yet?

No, he’s still saving. He has just over 11k stashed and hopefully my CovidCash will arrive soon too. Every dollah counts. Thanks for asking! If I see something that really has his interest, I’ll be sure to put links here.

I did the neck-up shampoo at the kitchen sink yesterday. Fuck, that just about kills me. I have an aide lined up for once a week visits to assist with that, but I wasn’t feeling it Wednesday when she called.

Man. The little things. My days are spent on the little things. It takes me about a half hour just to wake up, throw on sweats and socks, take a leak, and make a cup of coffee. No shit. A half hour. I have a bar stool in the kitchen now because I need to take breaks when I make a frickin sandwich. But The Masters is next week, and it’s a Tradition Like No Other®

That's a good point.

@wetwillie Can you post a URL to what you're reading? I shouldn't just cast it off as quackery.
If you read nothing else, read at the link. It's interesting even if you don't get all the details.
The details of the approuch are quite different. From the spread of new variants, people running around thinking they "got the vaccine" might be the biggest threat. They've just reported the first case of the BRazilian P.1 variant, way up here in Michigan. Woo-Hoo, here we go again!!

I have the means to hide in plain sight - I could stay on this 3.5 acres for a few months without leaving. I'd actually LIKE to get vaccinated and understand it might be you'd need one 1-3 times a year to keep "current".

Differences in efficacy of the first round of vaccines can be argued, salient considerations include:
1.mRNA was trialed in USA, months before the J&J was in Africa. Vastly different number of vectors(people) carrying it.:nevx3:

2. The African population is, according to the experts, more susceptible to covid. o_O
3.Many of those people in Africa were infected with a different variant than they were trialed with.:tard:

Regards,
Stir Crazy In MIchigan