Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I finally took 2/3 of a shower today, first one in 43 days. I shampooed everything from the neck up last night and today, did everything except left arm-armpit-torso. Fucking gross. I did get an all-over pre-surgery body wipe down a few weeks ago though. Not the same.

I’m nasty, and it’s no fun. They’re gonna try and remove the chest tube Monday, and they already have a surgeon and OR on standby just in case. Fuuuuueeeeeecccckkkkkk how dumb

In my case, it means my hands shake when trying to do things that require fine motor skills. They have no real idea what causes it, nor do they have any drugs that directly treat it.

:nev:
Get the scripts for the off label drugs anyway. Some of them are fun when abused. Also, I hear botox helps with head tremors, so develop those and then get your insurance to pay for removing wrinkles and stuff.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I finally took 2/3 of a shower today, first one in 43 days. I shampooed everything from the neck up last night and today, did everything except left arm-armpit-torso. Fucking gross. I did get an all-over pre-surgery body wipe down a few weeks ago though. Not the same.

I’m nasty, and it’s no fun. They’re gonna try and remove the chest tube Monday, and they already have a surgeon and OR on standby just in case. Fuuuuueeeeeecccckkkkkk how dumb

didnt you get any sponge baths from the candy stripers ???

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
What happened to the first one?
It's fine, they're just trying to keep up steady production.
Milk Glass GIF

Two more weeks with the tube. They act like I’m setting some kind of record with this thing but at least they’re dead set on removal in two weeks. They said the skin around the hose is showing signs of degradation and may not hold the sutures much longer. Fuckin gross. I’m disgusting.

They also (again) said I need to get on my pulmonologist about getting wheels in motion for a transplant. I still think my odds are crappy but I spoke to a recipient of two transplants who mows his yard regularly, and that gives me hope.

when I was a kid I went on a school trip to a farm, and the person was showing us how to milk a cow. He randomly picked me to come and help them milk the cow and all the kids were laughing and I so didn’t wanna do it, but I did and I didn’t hate it. I wish to milk a cow again someday soon. it was therapeutic

when I was a kid I went on a school trip to a farm, and the person was showing us how to milk a cow. He randomly picked me to come and help them milk the cow and all the kids were laughing and I so didn’t wanna do it, but I did and I didn’t hate it. I wish to milk a cow again someday soon. it was therapeutic

There's a hand technique to it that's not hard to get though you may get a little sore at first from repetitively using a muscle you don't normally use for something like gripping a handle, etc. It's more efficient for getting the milking done and more gentle for the cow.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
My grade school went to a place called Plimoth plantation when I was a kid. It's a recreation of a Pilgrim village in Plymouth Massachusetts. The place is full of actors portraying pilgrims from the 17th century. They lived like the Pilgrims did. They even milked cows.
They put me in the stockade in the town square as a heretic.
No lie. Just like this.
a-teenage-boy-pretends-to-be-locked-in-the-stockade-at-colonial-williamsburg-BB5AD6.jpg

If you asked them questions about modern day things they played dumb.
The Indian answered anything.
Though looking back, he might have been a stoned hippie just visiting the place.