Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

As hyper-focused and wordy as you already get on certain topics I'm not so sure speed is the drug for you, LOL.

Joking. Good luck and well wishes.
From this end it doesn't seem like there's anything "wrong" with you but obvs Idk your day to day, etc.
theoretically, a small dose actually chills me out (that's why I tried explaining for years that cigarettes had a calming effect on me and people would argue that it either couldn't bc stimulant, or that it was calming the craving, but like no it actually makes me calm/focused but obviously it's terrible for me).

the wall of text thing is kind of a combination of, too many thoughts, not enough focus to sit with thpse thoughts and make them one clear & concise statement (because if I don't write it all out, I'll forget key parts), coupled with an anxious need to overly clarify specifics.

my biggest issue is forgetfulness because I cannot hold a thought in my head - like, as I write this, I'm remembering I still haven't cancelled my old internet service that I specifically timed the new one to start so that I could cancel the old before it hit the next month and here we are more than half way through that next month and I haven't done it yet (but dollars to donuts I'll forget again because I can't call right now). I forget to do tasks and chores and go to appointments, I forget to finish tasks if I start them but get interrupted. I've been "forgetting" to eat on these meds, but in that case it's more about being focused on work without being distracted and then suddenly it's evening.

theoretically, a small dose actually chills me out (that's why I tried explaining for years that cigarettes had a calming effect on me and people would argue that it either couldn't bc stimulant, or that it was calming the craving, but like no it actually makes me calm/focused but obviously it's terrible for me).

the wall of text thing is kind of a combination of, too many thoughts, not enough focus to sit with thpse thoughts and make them one clear & concise statement (because if I don't write it all out, I'll forget key parts), coupled with an anxious need to overly clarify specifics.

my biggest issue is forgetfulness because I cannot hold a thought in my head - like, as I write this, I'm remembering I still haven't cancelled my old internet service that I specifically timed the new one to start so that I could cancel the old before it hit the next month and here we are more than half way through that next month and I haven't done it yet (but dollars to donuts I'll forget again because I can't call right now). I forget to do tasks and chores and go to appointments, I forget to finish tasks if I start them but get interrupted. I've been "forgetting" to eat on these meds, but in that case it's more about being focused on work without being distracted and then suddenly it's evening.
I constantly text myself to stay half on track with tasks I need to accomplish.

• Gravy
Reactions: august

I knew there was a reason I like you (I mean beyond the I-cant-put-into-words-how-great-they-are boobs).
I share my life with someone just like that, have for a long time, and I like her too.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: fly and nukes
It can be a challenge now and then, to say the least, but man there is never a dull moment and I wouldn't trade it for some shy, reserved, homely type for anything.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and august
Look man this is how the deal is gonna go down else I'm gonna turn her loose.

You see the fear in their eyes and all of a sudden they get real cooperative.

It's like having a holstered attack dog on your hip, man

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Nah. Just let's me forego the bullshit bargaining. By the time I get called in after all that the thin veneer of polite society is gone and it's real clear black/white either/or choices. Real simple and direct.

I constantly text myself to stay half on track with tasks I need to accomplish.
I try to set alarms, but if I can't do the thing right away when the alarm goes off, poof - it's gone again

I need to have a thing, like with your self-texts, or like a whiteboard or something, where I can both keep track of stuff in the first place AND where I'll remember to actually check it/keep using it. every time I try some new thing, it works for a little while because of the novelty, and then it just fades into the scenery. it doesn't help that my house is still unsettled despite living here almost a year (we only just moved into bedrooms last weekend finally after taking forever to get carpet) and my kid still won't sleep in her own bed/crib so I can't be terribly productive after like 9pm because I have to be in bed trying to get her to go to sleep and then making sure she doesn't fall/roll out of it.

girl, I have lost like 20lbs without even trying, but I think my secret is on the naughty list as far as things you can do (I started on adderall for my ADHD and I forget to eat lmaooooo)

sooooo lucky! and damn good for you!
i tried to take one of CEOs adderall once and was so excited to lose weight and it fucked me up and i wanted to die so never again

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I try to set alarms, but if I can't do the thing right away when the alarm goes off, poof - it's gone again

I need to have a thing, like with your self-texts, or like a whiteboard or something, where I can both keep track of stuff in the first place AND where I'll remember to actually check it/keep using it. every time I try some new thing, it works for a little while because of the novelty, and then it just fades into the scenery. it doesn't help that my house is still unsettled despite living here almost a year (we only just moved into bedrooms last weekend finally after taking forever to get carpet) and my kid still won't sleep in her own bed/crib so I can't be terribly productive after like 9pm because I have to be in bed trying to get her to go to sleep and then making sure she doesn't fall/roll out of it.
Thanks for the reminder- alarm went off to fill out the kids health screening form

About a week ago I woke at 04:00 allergic as hell. Went to take an Allegra and accidentally popped an Adderall of my kids.
Was a terrible day and reminded me of why I hit a drug bottom 35 years ago.
I'm not disparaging anyone who needs the stuff including my kids.
But I have no business on that shit.

this is like me when i took CEOs!
that shit messed me up and it felt like i was coming down off a coke binge

HELLLL NO

Might be a little beyond your time or old school for you but my wife has to have things written down on physical stuff, ink on paper, to remember or keep track of them.
Organizing different files in different folders on a computer ain't gonna do it.
I'm the same way with some things. Physically putting pen to paper makes your brain work more, or just differently, than mousing shit around a computer.

• Gravy
Reactions: august