Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I had tonsils out at 2. That made it so I could hear. Everything was all filled with fluid and blocked so bad I was dead up to that point.

I had my appendix out at 19. Other than that, no surgeries.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie
I broke my thumb playing basketball and waited two weeks before going to the doctor, who sent me to an orthopedic guy, who had to re-break it. That was officially my second surgery if we’re counting wisdom teeth.

After that

2 surgeries, left ankle
One surgery, right hip
28 surgeries, right ankle/tibia

I’m overdue for more now that I qualify for an artificial ankle joint or two, but I don’t think I’ll live long enough to benefit for it, so skipping it. I could’ve tried it years ago, but the artificial joint wasn’t perfected yet and wouldn’t have worked.

I broke my thumb playing basketball and waited two weeks before going to the doctor, who sent me to an orthopedic guy, who had to re-break it. That was officially my second surgery if we’re counting wisdom teeth.

After that

2 surgeries, left ankle
One surgery, right hip

I’m overdue for more now that I qualify for an artificial ankle joint or two, but I don’t think I’ll live long enough to benefit for it, so skipping it. I could’ve tried it years ago, but the artificial joint wasn’t perfected yet and wouldn’t have worked.
You're gonna regret it when you live 20 more years.

Right? It’s amazing what removing tonsils can do for a person.
My dad was a semi-anti vacser, wouldn't let me have mine out on some theory. I was plagued with tonsilitis so some years I missed up to 100 days of school. We had great insurance so mom said fuck it and took me when I was 13. Rarely have a cold ever since.

After that

2 surgeries, left ankle
One surgery, right hip

My uncle broke his ankle in college football, never healed correctly. Lived with it for like 30 something years. Finally had surgery on it like 10 or 15 years ago. Got MRSA in the wound as it was healing, damn near lost his foot in the 1.5yr long battle.

My uncle broke his ankle in college football, never healed correctly. Lived with it for like 30 something years. Finally had surgery on it like 10 or 15 years ago. Got MRSA in the wound as it was healing, damn near lost his foot in the 1.5yr long battle.

MRSA is a bitch. Maybe 5 or 6 of my surgeries were removing bad meat and cleaning out my leg hole. After one surgery, they left the incision wide open and wrapped and immobilized my leg. Doc came in to check on it and started to unwrap it then said, “You may want to look away” LOL he didn’t know me that well yet. The hole was held open by temporary staples and he was able to remove the bottom “chunk” of my tibia and show it to me, then replace it. Cell phones didn’t have cameras in them yet so I called the gift shop and they delivered a disposable camera to my room. Someday (hopefully) I’ll dig those out and scan them.

It took over two years to get rid of the MRSA.

When I was injured, I spent two weeks in the hospital trauma unit and had five surgeries. The doctor said if I had the same injury 25 years earlier, they would’ve lopped off my leg below the knee first thing. After maybe 15, I was begging them to take it and he talked me out of it and I’m glad. I wouldn’t be doing too well now if I didn’t have both.

MRSA is a bitch. Maybe 5 or 6 of my surgeries were removing bad meat and cleaning out my leg hole. After one surgery, they left the incision wide open and wrapped and immobilized my leg. Doc came in to check on it and started to unwrap it then said, “You may want to look away” LOL he didn’t know me that well yet. The hole was held open by temporary staples and he was able to remove the bottom “chunk” of my tibia and show it to me, then replace it. Cell phones didn’t have cameras in them yet so I called the gift shop and they delivered a disposable camera to my room. Someday (hopefully) I’ll dig those out and scan them.

It took over two years to get rid of the MRSA.

When I was injured, I spent two weeks in the hospital trauma unit and had five surgeries. The doctor said if I had the same injury 25 years earlier, they would’ve lopped off my leg below the knee first thing. After maybe 15, I was begging them to take it and he talked me out of it and I’m glad. I wouldn’t be doing too well now if I didn’t have both.
I'm sooooo scared of MSRA

Got a family history of bad hearts. Grandfather died when my dad was a teenager, my uncle died in his 40s of a heart attack, then my dad got a stress test done which led to a triple bypass even though he was 100% asymptomatic - a lanky motherfucker with low cholesterol, the same as me.

Finally managed to convince my doctor to order a stress test for me, which is in a couple of weeks. Not sure what to expect.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie
Got a family history of bad hearts. Grandfather died when my dad was a teenager, my uncle died in his 40s of a heart attack, then my dad got a stress test done which led to a triple bypass even though he was 100% asymptomatic - a lanky motherfucker with low cholesterol, the same as me.

Finally managed to convince my doctor to order a stress test for me, which is in a couple of weeks. Not sure what to expect.
Buddy of mine went for one and got a triple bypass like 3 days later at 41. Family histories are important to follow up on.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh