Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

it was laparoscopic. She ended up with an umbilical hernia afterwards, so she needed another surgery to fix that.

that’s not what they are telling me
the laparoscopic is to “see + check things out”
the removal is done at my Csection scar

they also told me depending on how bad the colon is that they may do a long incision up and down my stomach

did she have a colostomy bag?

they also told me depending on how bad the colon is that they may do a long incision up and down my stomach

No colostomy bag - that’s what she was worried about the most, unlike me, who just wanted her alive and cancer-free. I think the incision depends on where the part they remove is located and how big it is. Hers was in her descending colon and about 15 cm long, and obviously was a different condition than yours.

I've got the long incision done up and down my stomach.

The worst part of it is the second belly button you get when they go around the pre-existing one and they try to staple you back together.

Beats dying though.

i’m an overly anxious person
this has sent me over the edge and i have been sobbing all day
i can’t do this .. i’d rather look at alternative medicine, holistic, voodoo, prayers, i don’t care.
i can’t do this
You can do this. The scary, anxious part is only temporary. You want to be better so you can see Kiko sooner than later.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

idk if it's on the table for you, but colostomies are not always permanent, sometimes they are just necessary during the healing process and can be reversed. a lot of it depends on how much bowel needs to come out and which section of bowel it is.

My appendectomy surgery was laparoscopic. The surgeon went through my belly button and down one inch, another half inch incision to the right of my belly button and one more below my belly button. I definitely had a weird sensation after surgery for a week or so like I thought my insides would spill out. I wasn't allowed to put on my own shoes or pick up anything heavy or drive a car for like 2 weeks after surgery. It's been like 7 or 8 years since that and the scars have healed, barely noticeable.

this is whole ball park that i’m not ready for

I know you don’t think so
And I’m just words on an Internet forum
But you can totally get through this
You have more fortitude than you know
You are a fucking badass

The few months attached to the bag will fly right by
And there may be a market out there for your used bags
Turn lemons into lemonade

I loves you, baby

• Haha
  • Love