Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Burst appendix for me was a lot of fun. Felt like being stabbed, shot, and burned at the same time. Easy 9 on the pain scale. Only other event that matched that would be foot surgery to repair a bone in my toe. Found out I was allergic to the pain meds when I was at home and it throbbed all night and all day due to the nerves being cut. Fun times!

A few headaches on the 6 to 7 scale.

Appendix was worst pain. Baby 4 was a close second. Maybe she was worse. Both were bad. Then other babies farther down the line. Pain for their virus wasn’t bad except the crowning moment.

allllll births should be # 1

are you even human
Eh. Appendix were definitely worse. It was excruciating. It didn’t help that the doctors were idiots and sent me home to suffer for a day before I went back to the Er and a surgeon took .5 seconds to say it was my appendix and we should take them out immediately. The last baby wouldn’t have been bad if she hasn’t made it last 2 days by not turning around right.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and APRIL
My brother got hoofed in the nuts by some prick wearing steel toe boots when he was younger and they swelled up to softball sized. 9/10, couldn’t walk.

• Barf
Reactions: Josh
allllll births should be # 1

are you even human
girl I was on that good good by the time the worst of it started, the contractions before the meds were rough but it took FOR. EV. ER. for my shit to open up & I was feeling nothing by then.

girl I was on that good good by the time the worst of it started, the contractions before the meds were rough but it took FOR. EV. ER. for my shit to open up & I was feeling nothing by then.

i went to sleep and woke up and i had a baby!

they put me out completely for my CSection cuz i was screaming “i changed my mind, i wanna go home”

lol

I went med free for delivery. Except Natalee. Towards the end I just couldn’t anymore and asked for something to just take the edge off. Finally got 15-20 min to relax after 2 days of back labor and then she finally turned and I had her 20 min later.

in case anyone is wondering she’s still just as stubborn. Luckily I had a midwife with her that was super patient or I’m fairly certain I would have ended in a c-section.

• Haha
Reactions: august
I went med free for delivery. Except Natalee. Towards the end I just couldn’t anymore and asked for something to just take the edge off. Finally got 15-20 min to relax after 2 days of back labor and then she finally turned and I had her 20 min later.

in case anyone is wondering she’s still just as stubborn. Luckily I had a midwife with her that was super patient or I’m fairly certain I would have ended in a c-section.
You're a fucking beast

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: Josh and Immigrant
Shh, I have a 'role' to play here.

giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
My cervix is not pleased with this conversation.
as your body prepares to give birth, the cervix dilates (opens up) and effaces (gets thinner) to allow the big ol noggin to punch through.

mine was sufficiently effaced but refused to dilate. the fun thing is that the way they check dilation is sticking a gloved hand all the way inside you to manually feel your cervix, and once I was at the hospital where the cervix checks were frequent, I got each one done twice bc they were training med students (I consented to this bc even though it suuuuucked I think it's important and valuable). my water broke at like 5pm on the 8th and despite the fuckloads of pitocin, my shit didn't open up until 6am the next day at which point it was like Birdo because it went from nothing to BOW all the way open & her head was starting to come out.

as your body prepares to give birth, the cervix dilates (opens up) and effaces (gets thinner) to allow the big ol noggin to punch through.

mine was sufficiently effaced but refused to dilate. the fun thing is that the way they check dilation is sticking a gloved hand all the way inside you to manually feel your cervix, and once I was at the hospital where the cervix checks were frequent, I got each one done twice bc they were training med students (I consented to this bc even though it suuuuucked I think it's important and valuable). my water broke at like 5pm on the 8th and despite the fuckloads of pitocin, my shit didn't open up until 6am the next day at which point it was like Birdo because it went from nothing to BOW all the way open & her head was starting to come out.
You're not helping. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia