Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

holy shit dude!!

what are they doing about the emphysema? treatment? meds?

Sent from my Tapacaca bitchezzz

I’m on four inhalers and four heart meds, along with baby aspirin daily and nitroglycerin pills in case of heart irregularities, which I avoid because instant migraine. I’m in between appointments with cardio and pulmonary folks, so I’m almost sure adjustments will likely be made later.

One thing I want the cardio folks to look at is when I bend over, for any reason, and resume upright posture, I instantly can’t breath and it’s hard to catch up. That ain’t living. We don’t realize how many times we bend over for the smallest things, like placing a water bowl down for the cat or replacing a rug after vacuuming.

I learned valuable lessons while in a wheelchair for a few years. Even making toast sucks. Life is honestly just a series of adjustments as we age, and it sucks.

It’s a weird feeling when it hits you too. Like @HipHugHer burying the chicken.*

*not a euphemism

Broke through another 10 lbs mark, going downward ;), on my weight. Started using an unused notch on the belt. I figure another 10 and I'll be flashing 6 packs. That is all.

I’m on four inhalers and four heart meds, along with baby aspirin daily and nitroglycerin pills in case of heart irregularities, which I avoid because instant migraine. I’m in between appointments with cardio and pulmonary folks, so I’m almost sure adjustments will likely be made later.

One thing I want the cardio folks to look at is when I bend over, for any reason, and resume upright posture, I instantly can’t breath and it’s hard to catch up. That ain’t living. We don’t realize how many times we bend over for the smallest things, like placing a water bowl down for the cat or replacing a rug after vacuuming.

I learned valuable lessons while in a wheelchair for a few years. Even making toast sucks. Life is honestly just a series of adjustments as we age, and it sucks.

It’s a weird feeling when it hits you too. Like @HipHugHer burying the chicken.*

*not a euphemism
does the dyspnea/shortness of breath occur if you don't stand up (e.g. if you're bent over for more than 30 seconds it happens anyway) or does it only occur upon resuming the upright position?

(I am not a doctor obviously and can't give you any diagnosis or treatment, but I might be able to ask questions that help you put a potential name to whatever it is your body is doing)

does the dyspnea/shortness of breath occur if you don't stand up (e.g. if you're bent over for more than 30 seconds it happens anyway) or does it only occur upon resuming the upright position?

(I am not a doctor obviously and can't give you any diagnosis or treatment, but I might be able to ask questions that help you put a potential name to whatever it is your body is doing)

That’s a good question and I’ll have to test it and see. I’m never on the floor long enough to tell. But if I bend over to scoop the cat box or pick up something I dropped, I can’t catch my breath when I resume an upright position.

I know a name for what my body is doing. D Y I N G. LOL

The cardiologist was nice about it, but the imaging tech said “the left side of your heart looks dead.” The chambers are operating at about 10% so the other two are having trouble keeping up.

That’s a good question and I’ll have to test it and see. I’m never on the floor long enough to tell. But if I bend over to scoop the cat box or pick up something I dropped, I can’t catch my breath when I resume an upright position.

I know a name for what my body is doing. D Y I N G. LOL

The cardiologist was nice about it, but the imaging tech said “the left side of your heart looks dead.” The chambers are operating at about 10% so the other two are having trouble keeping up.
Found it. Bendopenea https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140318124658.htm
See your cardiologist - stat. Please. I <3 you. I know it doesn't always feel like it ;)

@APRIL has some fucking funk that has her snotting and shit. If I get it, I'm getting out my divorcin hat.

omg is it lupus
140c0846297646209754c5566abd3fd6.jpg

Nope. Lupus is also much more common amongst African Americans than white folk. I await your petty argument!
No, you're the one being petty - I was already moving on. I'll chalk this up to "knowledge shaming".
Lupus is an autoimmune disease that causes joint and organ damage. ... By racial/ethnic group, the percentages of patients with lupus or lupus nephritis were: black, 40 percent; white, 38 percent; Hispanic, 15 percent; Asian, 5 percent; and Native American, 2 percent.

Sickle cell disease affects blacks almost exclusively. About 10% of blacks in the United States have one copy of the gene for sickle cell disease (that is, they have sickle cell trait).
https://www.merckmanuals.com/www.merckmanuals.com › home › blood-disorders › anemia › sickle-ce...

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
from my understanding, that's if the bending is causing the dyspnea (which is why I asked if it happens without standing back up - if yes, this is probably the one). if it's specifically related to standing back up, I don't think this one fits.
Did you read the article? I thought it might.

No, you're the one being petty - I was already moving on. I'll chalk this up to "knowledge shaming".
Lupus is an autoimmune disease that causes joint and organ damage. ... By racial/ethnic group, the percentages of patients with lupus or lupus nephritis were: black, 40 percent; white, 38 percent; Hispanic, 15 percent; Asian, 5 percent; and Native American, 2 percent.

Sickle cell disease affects blacks almost exclusively. About 10% of blacks in the United States have one copy of the gene for sickle cell disease (that is, they have sickle cell trait).
View attachment 10416www.merckmanuals.com › home › blood-disorders › anemia › sickle-ce...

Selena Gomez isn’t black and she has it.
April prob has diarrhea

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers