Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Opposite of true. Little toe is essential to balance

How so?

I spend as much of my life barefoot as I can get away with and the little toe doesn't have much if anything to do with it.
The most critical organ to balance isn't in the foot, it's in the ear.

Now you got me stepping around seeing what the toe does.

The bone leading down to the toe, and the knuckle that to is attached to are invaluable. The little inch of toe not so much but the supporting structure that allows that toe to exist, yeah, I need that.

Now you got me stepping around seeing what the toe does.

The bone leading down to the toe, and the knuckle that to is attached to are invaluable. The little inch of toe not so much but the supporting structure that allows that toe to exist, yeah, I need that.
Leverage gives that little toe more pushing power than you can appreciate. You'd stumble a lot without it.

Has a uptown here known anyone who lost a toe? Even one in the middle?

I’m raising my hand here.

A friend in high school shot the toe next to his big toe off in an accident with a rifle. Yes, hunting while drunk. That was his sophomore year. He never played soccer again (was hopefully headed to college on a scholarship, which was rare back then) and two years later, still couldn’t run decently.

All five toes contribute to gait and balance, and no amount of faking it can be the equivalent of it being gone.

Sorry Hips, I agree with you on half of everything but this ain’t it.

Has a uptown here known anyone who lost a toe? Even one in the middle?

I’m raising my hand here.

A friend in high school shot the toe next to his big toe off in an accident with a rifle. Yes, hunting while drunk. That was his sophomore year. He never played soccer again (was hopefully headed to college on a scholarship, which was rare back then) and two years later, still couldn’t run decently.

All five toes contribute to gait and balance, and no amount of faking it can be the equivalent of it being gone.

Sorry Hips, I agree with you on half of everything but this ain’t it.

I remember back when some sciencey type saying the big toe was the only one required to walk as a biped.
Maybe it's an antiquated disproven theory. Or maybe the guy thought the entire world was made of flat sidewalks where people only propelled themselves straight forward at their leisure, idk.
I'm pretty sure I could do without the little toe, but not the bone/knuckle it's connected to. That apparatus really helps when you get stumbly.

I remember back when some sciencey type saying the big toe was the only one required to walk as a biped.
Maybe it's an antiquated disproven theory. Or maybe the guy thought the entire world was made of flat sidewalks where people only propelled themselves straight forward at their leisure, idk.
I'm pretty sure I could do without the little toe, but not the bone/knuckle it's connected to. That apparatus really helps when you get stumbly.
I've known 2 people who lost the baby, one who lost the big toe on both feet?(nerve issue). Obviously the lady without the big toes was fucked. The peeps without the babys claimed it was all good but I had a suspicion they were a little clumsier than they could have been. Might depend on the person's prior relience on the toe. Like, I have a fairly unbent baby toe and I just tightened my foot like i was pushing off to get up - felt like the BT was pressing with a coupla pounds of pressure. But for others that toes is damn near turned sideways, in which case it probably isn't doing as much. I think my BT got pumped up by me being the youngest child and I had to spend a lot of time zigging and zagging to keep away from the 4 older brutes. :p

My goddamn wrist is finally acting up again. What the hell?

“Oh, it appears as though your artery didn’t heal properly from the procedure WE performed. I know there isn’t a pulse anymore in that arm and your golf swing took a shit, but since it isn’t hurting right at this moment, we’ll have to wait long enough until we can claim we didn’t cause that. Beside bitch, you signed a waiver.”

I’m pretty sure that is what they hoped would happen.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
My goddamn wrist is finally acting up again. What the hell?

“Oh, it appears as though your artery didn’t heal properly from the procedure WE performed. I know there isn’t a pulse anymore in that arm and your golf swing took a shit, but since it isn’t hurting right at this moment, we’ll have to wait long enough until we can claim we didn’t cause that. Beside bitch, you signed a waiver.”

I’m pretty sure that is what they hoped would happen.

catch me up, what surgery did you have

Sent from my Tapacaca bitchezzz

omg that’s so scary.
i recall your we’re in the hospital but wasn’t exactly sure

are you on the mend?
how do you feel now?
did you have to change your lifestyle?

Not really mending, actually a little worse.

The only changes that were suggested were that I switch from smoking pot to vaping, which I did immediately. I haven’t “smoked” pot since June. And I need to eat better, because I have severe malnutrition. I ate better the first month, but then assistance fell off and I’m pretty much back to eating what I was prior but slightly better food.

My arteries are clear, my cholesterol is perfect, but I have emphysema from 40+ years of cigarettes/weed and my heart is “half dead” (two chambers operate at about 15% capacity).

Thanks for asking!

I have a high tolerance for pain but I was actually surprised when they said I’d had up to seven heart attacks prior to going to the hospital, and 14-17 minor ones while there.

Not really mending, actually a little worse.

The only changes that were suggested were that I switch from smoking pot to vaping, which I did immediately. I haven’t “smoked” pot since June. And I need to eat better, because I have severe malnutrition. I ate better the first month, but then assistance fell off and I’m pretty much back to eating what I was prior but slightly better food.

My arteries are clear, my cholesterol is perfect, but I have emphysema from 40+ years of cigarettes/weed and my heart is “half dead” (two chambers operate at about 15% capacity).

Thanks for asking!

I have a high tolerance for pain but I was actually surprised when they said I’d had up to seven heart attacks prior to going to the hospital, and 14-17 minor ones while there.

holy shit dude!!

what are they doing about the emphysema? treatment? meds?