Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Daily fasting, like 16/8, can cause you to lose weight though. Not because fasting actually has any effect, but because you're putting limits on calorie intake.

Otherwise, I agree. ;)
Oh I'm all for fasting for 16-24 hours. Know your body though. If your blood sugar is bottoming out that's bad. I once fasted for 56 hours. That was a mistake. I have the scar to prove it.

The last half of that WebMD pic ain't wrong. i was referring to their use of starvation mode. Nobody is going into starvation mode because they skipped breakfast.

My brother has been using one for years and he’s not the type to use something consistently if it doesn’t work for him. My other brother needs one badly but is the ultimate procrastinator, partly because he’s always tired.

Brother number one isn’t a fatty, but given enough free will he would be. Wife keeps him in check.

Brother number two could stand to lose a few but by today’s standards, he’s “normal”. Smirk.

After being a lifelong headache and migraine sufferer, one or more of the half dozen meds that I’ve been on since the heart issues started had drastically reduced them, but they’re coming back pretty regular. I’ve had one for three days now. My BP has never been considered high, and still isn’t according to my monitor.

I suck at life.

After being a lifelong headache and migraine sufferer, one or more of the half dozen meds that I’ve been on since the heart issues started had drastically reduced them, but they’re coming back pretty regular. I’ve had one for three days now. My BP has never been considered high, and still isn’t according to my monitor.

I suck at life.
You're doing fine at life baba, sucking at feeling good. Healing vibes sent.:cool:

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Anyone have to use a CPAP? Lookin for some info
you should be aware that some CPAP machines keep track of "compliance," that is how many nights you use the CPAP all night vs how many you do not, and if you don't have high enough compliance you are sometimes on the hook for paying for the whole machine (vs having to pay a fraction/whatever insurance doesn't cover)

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Dad pulled an @Domon
Was cutting metal on a bandsaw, turning at a measly 4RPMs. Went through the metal and he knew it was going to jump, but wasn't prepared. Cut all the way through the bone on his right hand pinky. Somehow left enough to keep it on there.

Prognosis looks good. Surgery was today, they reattached the tendon(s) and put in some pins.

Dad pulled an @Domon
Was cutting metal on a bandsaw, turning at a measly 4RPMs. Went through the metal and he knew it was going to jump, but wasn't prepared. Cut all the way through the bone on his right hand pinky. Somehow left enough to keep it on there.

Prognosis looks good. Surgery was today, they reattached the tendon(s) and put in some pins.
how far down the pinky? They have to stitch the nerve?

Not sure how stubborn your dad is, but encourage him to do the physical therapy, all of it. It matters.

Pinky is super important for grip and being able to curl it all the way is essential

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie