Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Took my stitches out this morning.

Stung a tiny bit, but my boy did a p. good job at not cutting me up. I described the job to him ("grab the knot with the locking tweezers, cut the thread near the skin, and then pull on the knot"), and he did it almost exactly as I would have. Proud papa r/n.

Took my stitches out this morning.

Stung a tiny bit, but my boy did a p. good job at not cutting me up. I described the job to him ("grab the knot with the locking tweezers, cut the thread near the skin, and then pull on the knot"), and he did it almost exactly as I would have. Proud papa r/n.
Will he grow up to be an amateur vivisectionist just like Da?

That’s actually what I typed and deleted several times.

I prefer following doctors’ instructions, but it’s the Wild West these days.
The doctor said I should have them for 10 days. Friday was actually 12 days, because I wanted to wait until the keflex had a chance to do its thing before pulling them out.

It was just a confluence of bad timing and me getting irritable about being homebound that led to my own doctoring.

Doctors now instruct people they’ve sewn up to remove their own stitches now? Sheesh.

If the answer is yes, that’s weird.

Why weird?

It's not rocket science, it's just removing stitches. No big deal.

You must be one of those squeamish types who has issues working on your own body.

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
Why weird?

It's not rocket science, it's just removing stitches. No big deal.

You must be one of those squeamish types who has issues working on your own body.

Not at all, I just believe in following a doctor’s instructions. I was mostly flipping him grief until he said they were due to come out anyway, then I went silent.

As far as squeamish, LO fuckin L. I’ve removed at least a dozen of my own casts, using a cast saw IN my doctors’ office. I had to pack my own wound by shoving two feet of wick into a hole the size of a nickel, and it all fit because the hole was four inches deep. Pulling it out was like a magician doing the scarf up the sleeve bit, but the scarf was soaking in blood and goo when yanked.

I’ve also sat in on two surgeries without even coming close to squeamish, when it was obvious the med students in the observatory were half grossed out.

Need I go on?

It’s funny how little people actually know me, as blabby as I am on here.

Not at all, I just believe in following a doctor’s instructions. I was mostly flipping him grief until he said they were due to come out anyway, then I went silent.

As far as squeamish, LO fuckin L. I’ve removed at least a dozen of my own casts, using a cast saw IN my doctors’ office. I had to pack my own wound by shoving two feet of wick into a hole the size of a nickel, and it all fit because the hole was four inches deep. Pulling it out was like a magician doing the scarf up the sleeve bit, but the scarf was soaking in blood and goo when yanked.

I’ve also sat in on two surgeries without even coming close to squeamish, when it was obvious the med students in the observatory were half grossed out.

Need I go on?

Been there with you on the wound packing.

Fucking oncologist decided we couldn't wait on me to heal to start chemo after cutting from sternum to pelvis. I had two spots open up along the wound, that I had to pack for 3 months.

They didn't heal for shit while getting chemo, and took a long time afterwards to knit up.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

Need I go on?

I know you & it aint pretty

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Been there with you on the wound packing.

Fucking oncologist decided we couldn't wait on me to heal to start chemo after cutting from sternum to pelvis. I had two spots open up along the wound, that I had to pack for 3 months.

They didn't heal for shit while getting chemo, and took a long time afterwards to knit up.

During one of my hospital stays, I still had the woundhole and the nurses would pack it. One nurse was way past her expiration date and always wore the old-timey nurse outfit, complete with nurse dress, little hat, and white hose. All the other nurses were in scrubs and (ugh) Crocs *ulp*.

She had unwrapped my leg and pulled out the packing and while repacking it, I noticed she really wasn’t doing anything. Just fumbling with the cloth strip around the hole and not IN it, so I asked “Do you want me to do that?” and before I could get it all out, her eyes rolled up into her noggin and she collapsed.

I rang for a nurse for the nurse. She was awful, but better than the one I called out for being drunk. I whispered “I can smell you from here, but your secret is safe with me wink wink”. Never saw her again.

I recently read on another forum that if a person is an ass online, they are likely one in person also.