Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Grumpy old white guy comment ahead.

Hey, healthcare professionals. I try to be as much or more tolerant than the next guy, but c’mon. If you need to have someone call patients to give them test results, coach them on clearer English speaking. I received a call informing me of what the echo ecg showed, and I’ll be damned if I got anything at all from that call.

I have a scan this morning on my wrist that now has vascular damage from the angioplasty, so I’ll stop in and ask in person.

I'm taking that new prescription fish oil.

Supposedly it's a rockstar vs over the counter stuff according to my cardiologist.

OTT just makes your lab work look good but doesn't actually increase cardiovascular health according to medical studies.
I don't know what OTT is, but if you mean plant based diet - your statement makes no sense.

Vitamin D deficiencies are also common, as well as missing out on omega 3s.
Yeah, pretty hard to get D from plants. But most vegans get plenty of A, which along with 5-30 minutes of sunlight would have them covered.

Difference in the chemicals being in the system Vs being absorbed by the system?
:iono:
That's always the rub. That's the deal with B-12 too. It's in the blood just floating around but often in wrong form for actual use.

Yeah, pretty hard to get D from plants. But most vegans get plenty of A, which along with 5-30 minutes of sunlight would have them covered.

That's always the rub. That's the deal with B-12 too. It's in the blood just floating around but often in wrong form for actual use.
The sunlight is the problem too, regardless of diet. Vitamin D deficiencies are pretty common.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
The sunlight is the problem too, regardless of diet. Vitamin D deficiencies are pretty common.
Agreed. More and more people not getting enough sun. Welp, at least the supplements are cheap. From what I read they now are concerned some folks are getting too much D from the supplements.ffs