Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I hope you go 5-7 days past the 4th. The kid will always feel ripped off if they have to share b-day with a holiday.
of all the holidays to have to share, that's a pretty decent one. it's not huge with kids or tradition, there's fireworks, it's not a gift-giving holiday so you don't get shorted, & when you're old enough you can claim precedence on celebrations.

of all the holidays to have to share, that's a pretty decent one. it's not huge with kids or tradition, there's fireworks, it's not a gift-giving holiday so you don't get shorted, & when you're old enough you can claim precedence on celebrations.
That could be. But I know 2 people who were born on it and both have indicated it's kind of a drag. Friends don't make it to your party because hey, they got a family GTG to go to.

I did all 4 kids without an epidural. I did request and get pain meds through an IV with the last one. Just enough to take the edge off. After 33 hours of back labor cause she was sunnyside up and refusing to flip I was done. Got the meds finally fell asleep between contractions and 20 min later woke up needing to push. She was out 20 min after that.

My son’s mom was in labor for 56 hours before they finally did a C section.

It sure sucked for her, and I had plenty of time to finish my work day, drive 50 miles to the hospital she was at, get lunch at WC Franks across the street, smoke a bowl or two, etc.

It was in the middle of Iowa, 1982, and they didn’t let dads in the delivery room there. Like a time warp.

I saw a gurney come wheeling out and ran up to it, and it was an old man. For a half second, I thought the stories were true about some women not bouncing back after childbirth.

I wasn’t sure if this should go here or the RIP thread.

I’m beginning to wonder if I’m ever going to get back to the same level of (poor) health I was in prior to getting sick and ultimately, having the heart attacks. The cardiologist said we could reduce one of the meds I’m on but she was concerned about effectiveness, so we opted to keep it at the current dosage and see if I start to tolerate it. It fucking sucks the life outta me.

I’m on new breathing type meds that don’t seem to work much. Pulmonologist appointments ahead also.

I was also instructed to get one of those pendant necklace things for nitroglycerin pills and carry them with me everywhere I go, no fucking around.

I also have appointments ahead with a psychologist. I knew that was coming. The only way I could’ve avoided that would’ve been to lie on my intake forms. If you feel like shit all the time, and can’t function because of this or that, the questionnaire is gonna lean negatively. LOLski

Waaa

Waaaaa

I wasn’t sure if this should go here or the RIP thread.

I’m beginning to wonder if I’m ever going to get back to the same level of (poor) health I was in prior to getting sick and ultimately, having the heart attacks. The cardiologist said we could reduce one of the meds I’m on but she was concerned about effectiveness, so we opted to keep it at the current dosage and see if I start to tolerate it. It fucking sucks the life outta me.

I’m on new breathing type meds that don’t seem to work much. Pulmonologist appointments ahead also.

I was also instructed to get one of those pendant necklace things for nitroglycerin pills and carry them with me everywhere I go, no fucking around.

I also have appointments ahead with a psychologist. I knew that was coming. The only way I could’ve avoided that would’ve been to lie on my intake forms. If you feel like shit all the time, and can’t function because of this or that, the questionnaire is gonna lean negatively. LOLski

Waaa

Waaaaa
I want to help. Can I send you a baked goodie or something? Not that I'm in the business of lifting spirits, but sometimes distractions are good for the health?

At least you have people working on the issue!

That’s very true and not lost on me.

What gets me is what lengths I had to go to to get attention, or at least, I feel like I had to go to. I wanted a chest X Ray (and so did my doctor) 2 years ago but it wasn’t affordable. I missed the Medicaid cutoff by $17 a month. Prescription coverage? Forget it.

I was insured (with GREAT insurance) my entire working life and always assumed, even though my time came earlier than it should’ve, that the safety net(s) would still be in place when it came time for me to use them, if needed.

Little did I know that programs I had paid into my entire working life would either be non-existent or worthless when it came time.

Live and learn or in some cases, nearly die and learn. :D:p:D

I want to help. Can I send you a baked goodie or something? Not that I'm in the business of lifting spirits, but sometimes distractions are good for the health?

Just occasionally responding to a post or posting a kitty picture suffices, thanks!

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
After a full day of chest pain and shortness of breath, I finally gave in and took a nitroglycerin pill a few minutes ago. I’m not positive yet, but I think it provided instant relief. And a headache.

This has been a complete waste of a day.
Take your meds, dadgummit

After a full day of chest pain and shortness of breath, I finally gave in and took a nitroglycerin pill a few minutes ago. I’m not positive yet, but I think it provided instant relief. And a headache.

This has been a complete waste of a day.
Don't wait all fucking day to take a nitro.

Don't wait all fucking day to take a nitro.

I put it off so long wondering if it was even necessary. Is the chest pain a fart? A burp? A gigantic loogie? I’ve had all three cause sharp pains. I usually toss out several loogies an hour, but that suddenly became 1.5 over a 6 hr period.

The relief last night was short lived. The pain subsided for about 20 minutes and returned, the headache nearly became a full on migraine... the instructions on the nitro say to take another, and another if needed. The headache dictated otherwise.

Chest pain is still intermittently there this morning, but I’m golfing for the first time in almost two months. Fuck it. Life goes on, until it doesn’t. Hehe