Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Wow. I just overheard that I’ve had 17 incidents of V-tach (?) since last night. Irregular heartbeat.

Huh. I didn’t feel a thing.

Wow. I just overheard that I’ve had 17 incidents of V-tach (?) since last night. Irregular heartbeat.

Huh. I didn’t feel a thing.
aw jeez, dude. I mean, if your heart is gonna do weird shit, at least you're somewhere with a bunch of medical folks who can do something about if.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and Immigrant
aw jeez, dude. I mean, if your heart is gonna do weird shit, at least you're somewhere with a bunch of medical folks who can do something about if.

For now.

They were getting ready to bounce me after finding out how under insured I am and the cardiologist stepped in and said no.

I’m not poor enough to qualify for Medicaid, but can’t afford Medicare supplements.

Just had a chat with a social worker hoping that now that I’m so sick, other resources may be available.

For now.

They were getting ready to bounce me after finding out how under insured I am and the cardiologist stepped in and said no.

I’m not poor enough to qualify for Medicaid, but can’t afford Medicare supplements.

Just had a chat with a social worker hoping that now that I’m so sick, other resources may be available.
this is the shit that drives me nuts when people tall about these programs and insist things like
1) "if you're poor enough, you can qualify for programs" - what constitutes "poor enough" to qualify for shit rarely has a basis in real life; and
b) "well legally they can't deny you care!" bc actually they 100% can, they can't let you actually code & do nothing but they can get rid of you as soon as you're stable without actually fixing the problem, just stabilizing the symptom(s)

I hope they keep you until they figure shit out & get you on the path to getting well

this is the shit that drives me nuts when people tall about these programs and insist things like
1) "if you're poor enough, you can qualify for programs" - what constitutes "poor enough" to qualify for shit rarely has a basis in real life; and
b) "well legally they can't deny you care!" bc actually they 100% can, they can't let you actually code & do nothing but they can get rid of you as soon as you're stable without actually fixing the problem, just stabilizing the symptom(s)

I hope they keep you until they figure shit out & get you on the path to getting well

Thank you! I agree completely.

It’s dawning on me that I shouldn’t have called 911, but my selfish self wanted to stay alive. How dare I.

Wow.

Someone down the hall must have some severe mental health issues. Lady was hysterical and just went off for about a half hour. I’m pretty sure they had to bring in some muscle and sedation to finally calm her down.

I’m kind of thankful because I was having a dream that I was driving and suddenly, I’m walking and my car is vanished. On top of that, I had shit my pants. When I came to, I checked. Whew!

I was in the ER once when they wheeled a guy in handcuffed to the gurney. He was reciting bible passages very loudly and damning everyone.
He'd probably fit in where you're at, Immi.

When I was brought in, I spent a minute next to another gurney with a dude handcuffed to it, and several coppers lingering about.

My inner asshole spoke inside my head “I deserve to be placed ahead of him” but I squashed that feeling immediately.

It wasn’t easy given the way I felt at the time.

By the way, I’ve pretty much decided if I have another incident, I’m not making any calls.

(insert tits up emoji)

When I was brought in, I spent a minute next to another gurney with a dude handcuffed to it, and several coppers lingering about.

My inner asshole spoke inside my head “I deserve to be placed ahead of him” but I squashed that feeling immediately.

By the way, I’ve pretty much decided if I have another incident, I’m not making any calls.

(insert tits up emoji)
At first I was like :fly: and then I was like :rant:

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

(insert tits up emoji)

Don't deprive us of you, Immi.

I don't have any cool hospital stories, despite having had 6 surgeries in my life. I freaked out a nurse once after surgery by getting out of bed and walking around with a BP of 90/45. She had to manually take my BP like 3 times to confirm the reading from the machine was correct. Also after one surgery I was placed in a shared recovery room with an older guy with dementia. He kept ripping out his monitors and alarms kept going off by trying to leave his bed. I couldn't get a wink of sleep. Finally the nurses took pity on me and moved him out to a room closer to the nurse station.

I think there is an effort to do away with shared rooms for adults.

Out of all my hospital stays, I was in a shared room for less than 2 hours and that was due to overcrowding.

I don’t think there are any double occupancy rooms in the hospital I’m currently in. Thank goodness.

Actually I do have a cool hospital story, waking up during one of my foot surgeries. Was laying on my back and I think I pushed my head and chest up to see what was going on. My doctor denied it happened when I asked him a few days later.