Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Thanks, but I have plenty of experience with my daughter, & me!!

I don't get the fascination of wanting to show it / wanting to see it.

Growing up, my best friend's dad was a bone doctor & had all kinds of books with super graphic pics. They were cool to flip through back then, but not in a "i want to see it/want to show it" way.

i just flipped through the medical books looking for titties.

Thanks, but I have plenty of experience with my daughter, & me!!

I don't get the fascination of wanting to show it / wanting to see it.

Growing up, my best friend's dad was a bone doctor & had all kinds of books with super graphic pics. They were cool to flip through back then, but not in a "i want to see it/want to show it" way.
Uncertainty makes me anxious, so seeing pictures makes me feel better. it's also why I watched my root canals with a mirror when I was a kid. idk somehow seeing that stuff makes me feel better about it.

Uncertainty makes me anxious, so seeing pictures makes me feel better. it's also why I watched my root canals with a mirror when I was a kid. idk somehow seeing that stuff makes me feel better about it.
I wanted to watch the surgeon today too, but I was draped.

For whatever reason (probably $$$), they twilight most of the patients for surgery at this place.

For whatever reason (probably $$$), they twilight most of the patients for surgery at this place.
I had a tiny bump appear under my skin just above the corner of my mouth. You couldn't really see it, but you could feel it. So, hypochondriac me heads to the doc to get it out. She's a plastic surgery doc, & we have lots of convo of her answering the hows/whys/how long/etc. I'm pretty good with pain & blood, but when I asked her if she could just do a local she gives me a slow head turn away from my chart over to me & says "no. you ask too many questions." :lol: So I tell her that we're all told to ask a lot of questions, right? She says 'yeah. Consider where I'll be working and consider what you'll be using to ask questions.'

Smart lady.

I had a tiny bump appear under my skin just above the corner of my mouth. You couldn't really see it, but you could feel it. So, hypochondriac me heads to the doc to get it out. She's a plastic surgery doc, & we have lots of convo of her answering the hows/whys/how long/etc. I'm pretty good with pain & blood, but when I asked her if she could just do a local she gives me a slow head turn away from my chart over to me & says "no. you ask too many questions." :lol: So I tell her that we're all told to ask a lot of questions, right? She says 'yeah. Consider where I'll be working and consider what you'll be using to ask questions.'

Smart lady.
This sounds a lot like advice you give someone before they give you head. ?Any last questions - speak now or forever hold your piece.

Goddamned cheap ass wrap came unraveled, so I had to redo the bandage on the finger. It is both less wieldy and less secure, because my left hand is a fuckin' dork.
Do you have any first aid stuff at home? Sonetines just reinforcing the outside and leaving the inside alone is easier.

Were they happy with the results?

Do you have any first aid stuff at home? Sonetines just reinforcing the outside and leaving the inside alone is easier.
I gave up on replacing it like for like, and just took a piece of 1/2" packing after I dunked it in betadine and held it over the cut with a bandaid.

Much more wieldy, if not as protective.

Were they happy with the results?
Funny thing, they texted me today to ask whether I'd like a follow up by phone. I followed the instructions to get a call and they texted me right back that said, "we'll do it on Monday".

I gave up on replacing it like for like, and just took a piece of 1/2" packing after I dunked it in betadine and held it over the cut with a bandaid.

Much more wieldy, if not as protective.

Funny thing, they texted me today to ask whether I'd like a follow up by phone. I followed the instructions to get a call and they texted me right back that said, "we'll do it on Monday".
:dont::case:

Gotta love automated appointment lines in healthcare.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke and Immigrant