Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I'm a big baby. The worst thing about chemo was the constant IV. Eventually your veins become sclerotic and it's a painful pincushion game which can take a while.
You do get used to the pain from the poison.
I pushed and whined and cajoled them into letting me keep the IV line in for the maximum amount of time (which meant 1 week). Since I was on a 9 week regimen, they only had to deal with finding a vein 9 times.

I had a semi-permanent IV line they called a pick line, or pique line, that went in my shoulder and made its way to my heart. When they inserted it, they tried to kill me by missing the fork in the road and sending the tube to my brain.

Argh

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
I had a semi-permanent IV line they called a pick line, or pique line, that went in my shoulder and made its way to my heart. When they inserted it, they tried to kill me by missing the fork in the road and sending the tube to my brain.

Argh
Yeah, in retrospect I should have chosen the PICC line, too.

I was less experienced then.

what, this?

12112277_10153412872679342_2742216885733028176_n-jpg.5892
you're looking svelte

Welp, it was both more involved and entirely different from the vidja. The doc didn't trust phenol to do the job of killing the nail matrix, so he excised this whole big pie shaped part of my finger. The doc had to scrape the matrix off my bone, which was a joyous occasion.

No pics, because they had me draped right until the end.

I opted for local anesthetic only because I don't like the fugue state gas they give.

I can post a pic where you can almost see my sons skull.
Thanks, but I have plenty of experience with my daughter, & me!!

I don't get the fascination of wanting to show it / wanting to see it.

Growing up, my best friend's dad was a bone doctor & had all kinds of books with super graphic pics. They were cool to flip through back then, but not in a "i want to see it/want to show it" way.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes