Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Being tested for that. Went to Express Care then they told me to go to the ER. Might have an absessed tonsil.
oof I used to get really gross/painful ulcers on my tonsils from the chronic tonsillitis I perpetually had before I finally got them suckers yeeted. yote? it's no fun, and an abscess sounds even worse. good luck, bud.

oof I used to get really gross/painful ulcers on my tonsils from the chronic tonsillitis I perpetually had before I finally got them suckers yeeted. yote? it's no fun, and an abscess sounds even worse. good luck, bud.
Flu and strep negative. ER gave me antibiotics and steroids IV. Along with some fluids since I was a bit dehydrated. They didn't want to lance and drain it, taking the conservative approach. It's big but not big enough for surgery essentially. Came home, ate a little and went to sleep. This morning my tonsil is like a 3rd of the size it was. Only one tonsil is infected. Weird. I've had tonsillitis back in highschool a long time ago (I completely forgot about that). Fever is mostly gone, absolutely soaked in sweat though. Even through my hoodies. Gross.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Some kinda bug going around here, too
Not the 'rona, just some kind of flu, I guess
Some folks from work and their kids have it, looks like the wife is got it now too
Doesnt seem too bad, just more of a hassle than anything else forturnately

Maybe RSV? Seems its going around, but is pretty mild for most.
yeah the RSV out my way has been off the chain.
we've had a spate of hospitalizations, mostly babies and young kids who also have asthma, for RSV bronchiolitis.

Feeling soooo much better this morning. Fever broke during the night. Tonsil is barely awollen now, when before it was almost touching my uvula (I love saying that word). On Clindamycin for next 10 days.
Fuck I hate taking clindamycin. Stupid penicillin allergy.

Fuck I hate taking clindamycin. Stupid penicillin allergy.
Yeah my bro is allergic to it. He got all kinds of crazy orange hives at the hospital when he was being treated for pneumonia and mersa colony in his sinus. I'm allergic to Percocets (oxycodone). They make me super nauseated. Throw up almost immediately.

Yeah my bro is allergic to it. He got all kinds of crazy orange hives at the hospital when he was being treated for pneumonia and mersa colony in his sinus. I'm allergic to Percocets (oxycodone). They make me super nauseated. Throw up almost immediately.

in my extended experience with percs…

it makes you puke after the 1st dose especially on an empty / sensitive stomach .. by the next dose it’s all good

i’ve puked on it tons

in my extended experience with percs…

it makes you puke after the 1st dose especially on an empty / sensitive stomach .. by the next dose it’s all good

i’ve puked on it tons
Then you can't shit for days... can't believe they gave you painkillers though. The gave my 5 oxy after I got stabbed and told me to take ibuprofen after that.

When my mom had cancer she'd literally get a bottle of 100 oxys. Probably never happen these days.