Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

also, normal clothes are sized for hill giants.
I'm not sure about that. I have trouble finding shirts that are long enough for me that aren't also parachute shaped.

Like, goddamnit, I'm tall and I'm fat, but I'm not actually _that_ fat. I'd probably be in the 320-350 range to fill out the 2X T shirts and button ups that I have to wear for length.

I'm not sure about that. I have trouble finding shirts that are long enough for me that aren't also parachute shaped.

Like, goddamnit, I'm tall and I'm fat, but I'm not actually _that_ fat. I'd probably be in the 320-350 range to fill out the 2X T shirts and button ups that I have to wear for length.
Same.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

yeah.... imagine how skinny fuckers feel.

Ive only recently gotten fat enough that the slim fit shirts fit :D

Same here - long torso. I feel really lucky when I find a nice fitting TALL item.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
The CK "slim fit" shirt I bought for the DGD was so big in the middle that I added two seams in the back, to take out about 8" of circumference.
the clothing industry thinks that human beings scale in a fixed aspect ratio. If you're taller, you must also be wider.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Daphne is sick AGAIN, so I'm also sick again, we've spent the better part of the last 3-4 months with one cold or another because they've been lingering.

we can always trace the illnesses back to her cousins, but my SIL still keeps sending her kids to grandma's when they're sick and letting them play with their other cousins when THEY'RE sick which is usually where they get it from, although the girls are back in school now so they do get additional exposure.

they've all been sick for a few days now, Daphne started being sick yesterday and today my MIL, Jason, and I are all feeling it. the oldest cousin spiked a fever last night so SIL kept them all home today and she got the oldest tested today for strep & COVID, the strep was positive but the COVID wasn't a rapid so she won't hear back for a few days. she'll keep the one with strep home tomorrow, but she'll probably send the others to grandma's 🙃 which like, at this point we are all sick so idk if it matters but I'm just so fucking annoyed. I have sent Daphne when she's sick, but that's only because she got sick from the others so there's nobody to save by keeping her home.
Daphne is still sick 🙃

so the youngest cousin was originally positive for strep way back in July, and and then his cold lingered a while even after treatment and he tested positive for strep again right around mid-September, about the time we had to bring Daphne to urgent care for labored breathing.

so then last week, her oldest cousin tested positive for strep as mentioned in my quoted post. they did keep her home while she finished her antibiotics.

today, the middle cousin, who has been asymptomatic even when everyone else was sick, developed a bad case of hives and sure enough, she's got strep. SIL "isn't sure" if she can keep her home tomorrow.

I sent a message to our pediatrician to see if they think Daphne should get tested, which means I get to YET AGAIN be forced to take time off work to get my kid tested and potentially have to keep her home bc they refuse to make good choices.

I get that it sucks to have to take off from work to stay home with your kid - I get it better than they do because I'm constantly having to do it because of them NOT doing it.

I had to take off 3 weeks straight when their dad was exposed to COVID and then tested positive because it took him a week to get tested after his known close exposure & then they refused to get their kids tested because the swab is uncomfortable (but the criteria at that time required asymptomatic people to have had direct exposure to somebody with a positive test in order to qualify for testing and we had only had indirect contact via the kids they wouldn't test).

I'm so fucking tired of this shit.