Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I had planned to get a Phoenix from my knee to my nipple and sleeves but then tattoos became a fad and pricing went nuts. I don’t know how much my last one was but once hourly rates hit $100, I was done. I just couldn’t afford it anymore. And so many people going to shops without a clue of what they wanted. I never understood that. Maybe at least have an idea of the direction you want to go, not necessarily the exact tattoo, but the direction at least? C’mon.
my main issue is timing & availability.

my one half sleeve, I planned to do in two sessions so we could do linework and then come back later for color. I've done both in one sitting, even on big ones, and even if I can take it, it can wear out the artist, too, but I also have sensitive skin that gets all puffy, so it helps them out to split it so they have a less shitty canvas.

so I did the linework, and we set a second appointment for the color, but then I got pregnant so I had to cancel, and we didn't set up a new appointment because I wasn't sure like, how long I'd be breastfeeding or when I'd be in a good position to take care of the extra hygiene stuff or having a whole upper arm feeling like dogshit. then, the pandemic happened.

so eventually they started booking again, in a limited capacity, but they were prioritizing appointments they had to cancel during the earlier days of the pandemic, and I did not have a cancelled appointment, but somehow the assistant took that to mean I was a new client? idk. so I'm just waiting for them to reach back out to me to schedule because I've reached out a couple of times but don't want to be obnoxious about it :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
with my other eventual half sleeve that is barely started but started enough to take up a big ass piece of real estate on my right arm, my issue there is the artist who started it no longer tattoos so I have to find someone else who is both willing to finish it (and preferably stoked on it), and can do it in a style that meshes with what's already there.

buuuuuut I've also got a request out to a whole different artist about an entirely different piece and I'm waiting for her books to open again.

lmaooooooooo of my six current pieces, only two are actually all the way "done"

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and tre
with my other eventual half sleeve that is barely started but started enough to take up a big ass piece of real estate on my right arm, my issue there is the artist who started it no longer tattoos so I have to find someone else who is both willing to finish it (and preferably stoked on it), and can do it in a style that meshes with what's already there.

buuuuuut I've also got a request out to a whole different artist about an entirely different piece and I'm waiting for her books to open again.

lmaooooooooo of my six current pieces, only two are actually all the way "done"
it never ends. I'm lucky in that I'm old friends with my tattoo guy, so I get a discounted rate, and get bumped to the top of his cancellation list, so I got 3 sessions in 6 weeks, full days of 6-8 hours each time. He's always happy because I bring him homemade bacon.

it never ends. I'm lucky in that I'm old friends with my tattoo guy, so I get a discounted rate, and get bumped to the top of his cancellation list, so I got 3 sessions in 6 weeks, full days of 6-8 hours each time. He's always happy because I bring him homemade bacon.
Holy fuck that's a long time.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
yeah I got spoiled when Jason was tattooing bc I didn't have to worry about paying or planning or waiting :lol: but one of the reasons he stopped was, the dude he had apprenticed under never really TAUGHT him anything (and like, he'd get mad if he caught him looking up tutorials) and while I think Jason has done some really great pieces, he knew he was never going to be allowed to get any better there, and he was at a point in his life where he didn't want to start back over as an apprentice somewhere else.

• Gravy
Reactions: tre
Daphne is sick AGAIN, so I'm also sick again, we've spent the better part of the last 3-4 months with one cold or another because they've been lingering.

we can always trace the illnesses back to her cousins, but my SIL still keeps sending her kids to grandma's when they're sick and letting them play with their other cousins when THEY'RE sick which is usually where they get it from, although the girls are back in school now so they do get additional exposure.

they've all been sick for a few days now, Daphne started being sick yesterday and today my MIL, Jason, and I are all feeling it. the oldest cousin spiked a fever last night so SIL kept them all home today and she got the oldest tested today for strep & COVID, the strep was positive but the COVID wasn't a rapid so she won't hear back for a few days. she'll keep the one with strep home tomorrow, but she'll probably send the others to grandma's 🙃 which like, at this point we are all sick so idk if it matters but I'm just so fucking annoyed. I have sent Daphne when she's sick, but that's only because she got sick from the others so there's nobody to save by keeping her home.

Daphne is sick AGAIN, so I'm also sick again, we've spent the better part of the last 3-4 months with one cold or another because they've been lingering.

we can always trace the illnesses back to her cousins, but my SIL still keeps sending her kids to grandma's when they're sick and letting them play with their other cousins when THEY'RE sick which is usually where they get it from, although the girls are back in school now so they do get additional exposure.

they've all been sick for a few days now, Daphne started being sick yesterday and today my MIL, Jason, and I are all feeling it. the oldest cousin spiked a fever last night so SIL kept them all home today and she got the oldest tested today for strep & COVID, the strep was positive but the COVID wasn't a rapid so she won't hear back for a few days. she'll keep the one with strep home tomorrow, but she'll probably send the others to grandma's 🙃 which like, at this point we are all sick so idk if it matters but I'm just so fucking annoyed. I have sent Daphne when she's sick, but that's only because she got sick from the others so there's nobody to save by keeping her home.
We bought 10 of the covid rapid tests last time they were on sale just because the same shit keeps happening

That sounds frustrating :(

• Love
Reactions: fly