Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

OK, I'll play.

I'm sitting on the couch in the family room right now.

The view to the right is the front of the house - my hickory bookshelves and lego chest. Outside are the autumn blaze maple (the young tree), a blue spruce (BIG f'n old tree), a Japanese maple (left side), and for some wild-ass reason, an oak sapling in the middle of it all. I think the Spruce is on its way out, so I'm going to keep the oak alive. @AppleTurkey put a bunch of black flamingos with skeletons printed on the side out in the yard for Halloween.
View attachment 15070

To the left, is the dog, my hickory bench that's got all of @AppleTurkey's school books on it, and a bunch of car posters from shows we've gone to, and drives we've participated in.
View attachment 15071

Further to the left, is the dining room and kitchen. I have a watercolor of morning glories done by my grandmother, next to a Grand Canyon National Park poster (I keep them together because she HATED the park service, like most Republicans). The china cabinet is made of cherry, but stained very dark. It is quite old, and came (like the water color) from my grandmother's estate after she passed.
View attachment 15072

I LOVE the light fixture.

I tried to take a photo using the iPad, and of course it said “Too large” so I went to settings hoping to remember what Asa said and I pretty much drooled on myself.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I started an Empire Strikes back sleeve a bunch of years ago, and I’ve been finishing it off this year. One more sitting to go and it should be done

i got my first tattoo in 1985. If you had started back then, you would’ve saved about $18 million dollars by now.

I noticed last evening and again this morning, my feet are turning into Fred Flintstone feet again. What a strange feeling. The skin stretches and this time, I think I’m going to have to slather them with lotion or something. The hurt last night. And it’s been so long since I showered (I mean, a REAL shower) the skin goes flying like snow when I take my socks off. So gross. I finally trimmed the nails the other day and it was like trimming the nails on an ape.

LOL

it was a half sleeve originally, that I decided to extend this year to a full sleeve
I have several tattoos that are incomplete including half sleeves on both sides that will probably eventually be full sleeves but it's driving me nuts waiting to even finish the halves I've got.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I had planned to get a Phoenix from my knee to my nipple and sleeves but then tattoos became a fad and pricing went nuts. I don’t know how much my last one was but once hourly rates hit $100, I was done. I just couldn’t afford it anymore. And so many people going to shops without a clue of what they wanted. I never understood that. Maybe at least have an idea of the direction you want to go, not necessarily the exact tattoo, but the direction at least? C’mon.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
My last one says “Loser”. I got it around thanksgiving 1998 maybe. A VERY low point in my life. The guys knew me, and that was probably the only reason why I was able to get it, because I was beyond drunk. A decent artist won’t work on a drunk, but they knew me, so…

One guy said if I ever changed my mind, they’d fix it for free. By adding an arrow pointing down at the end and a “C” up front so it would say “Closer”.

That was clever and funny, so they did it.

4346D1E4-9853-4820-A9DB-E250A3B13A4D.jpeg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
There are flames coming off the letters, but red and me don’t get along and it needs a refill badly, but at this point it’s hardly a priority.