Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Nope. I disagree and many people much more versed in that scientific discipline feel the same.
No you LITERALLY are.

1. Adenovirus gets its contents ripped out
2. Replaced with DNA coded to make mRNA
3. Adenovirus vaccine injected
4. Virus injects DNA into cells
5. DNA tells cell to make mRNA coded for the spike protein
6. Spike protein is made and hung on the outside of the cell

So instead of the mRNA getting injected the cell directly, you get injected with DNA that does *the exact same thing*

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
dumbass who can't figure out how a quote button works wrote said:
Sorry Squach, not playing. I posted a meme, then I remember a convo on the vaccines somewhere else, then I put out that I wasn't getting an mRNA types. There were similar controversies over different vaccines before. Dead vs. weakened.

Sorry, not gonna 'Spergers on it.

So yeah, you got nothing, you're a dumbass, and you've made everybody a little dumber just for having posted your shit-for-brains opinion in this thread.

No you LITERALLY are.

1. Adenovirus gets its contents ripped out
2. Replaced with DNA coded to make mRNA
3. Adenovirus vaccine injected
4. Virus injects DNA into cells
5. DNA tells cell to make mRNA coded for the spike protein
6. Spike protein is made and hung on the outside of the cell

So instead of the mRNA getting injected the cell directly, you get injected with DNA that does *the exact same thing*
thas not quite correct @fly. J&J is a DNA payload, which is translated into an MRNA string by processes in the cells nucleus. Every vaccine has two things. A payload (mRNA for pfizer/moderna, DNA for J&J) and a delivery mechanism. The moderna and pfizer vaccines have lipid nanoparticle delivery vehicles, and the johnson and johnson uses a older adenovirus mechanism which delivers less payload due to the body attacking it.

DNA is more durable (hence why j&j doesnt need to be as cold), but adds an extra step to the delivery vehicle.

edit: uhhh yeah, what you said.

thas not quite correct @fly. J&J is a DNA payload, which is translated into an MRNA string by processes in the cells nucleus. Every vaccine has two things. A payload (mRNA for pfizer/moderna, DNA for J&J) and a delivery mechanism. The moderna and pfizer vaccines have lipid nanoparticle delivery vehicles, and the johnson and johnson uses a older adenovirus mechanism which delivers less payload due to the body attacking it.

DNA is more durable (hence why j&j doesnt need to be as cold), but adds an extra step to the delivery vehicle.
And that's exactly what I said.

edit: uhhh yeah, what you said.
I don't care how @fly explains it, I care that it's been peer reviewed by other scientists who are experts in the field, the study data reviewed by the FDA, and that it gets in my arm so I don't have to listen to you jackasses bray about who needs to wear a mask when and under what circumstances.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
FWIW, there were vaccine candidates for SARS1 that crapped out due to ADE. Basically, the antibodies created actually ended up allowing the virus EASIER access into the cells (dengue fever does this naturally, which REALLY sucks). That vaccine targeted a totally different protein (N-something, iirc). Based on that research, this time we chose a different protein. And it worked!

Also keep in mind that the entire vaccine is flushed out of the body in a couple of days. So its extremely unlikely that it would have any long term effects. And we're probably approaching half a billion shots in arms, so it seems even short term effects are pretty damn rare.

:heart: At the end of the day, they're all 'mRNA' vaccines.
No - the one has your body do some of the steps, the other , mRNA, hops over some steps for you. I had the covids 13 months ago, I'll get the vaccine made with the tech all the other 100 odd vaccinations I've had were made with. Hell, it has negatives too. And mRNA does have some positives.
I figured this would release some major 'Spergers, I just thought maybe 1/4 this much. Don't hate the people who bought the other brand.

No - the one has your body do some of the steps, the other , mRNA, hops over some steps for you. I had the covids 13 months ago, I'll get the vaccine made with the tech all the other 100 odd vaccinations I've had were made with. Hell, it has negatives too. And mRNA does have some positives.
I figured this would release some major 'Spergers, I just thought maybe 1/4 this much. Don't hate the people who bought the other brand.
I promise you that you're confused on this. They both use mRNA to make the spike protein.

You're better than this man!