Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

In my case, it means my hands shake when trying to do things that require fine motor skills. They have no real idea what causes it, nor do they have any drugs that directly treat it.

:nev:

Do you ever say, "Dammit, hands. work!"? I have problems when doing small things. Tiny screws are the worst. Never been diagnosed with anything. But then again, I've never mentioned it to my neurologist. I figured it was related the my narcolepsy in some way.

In my case, it means my hands shake when trying to do things that require fine motor skills. They have no real idea what causes it, nor do they have any drugs that directly treat it.

:nev:

giphy.gif

PUT THE COCAINES DOWN SIIIIIIR!!!

Do you ever say, "Dammit, hands. work!"? I have problems when doing small things. Tiny screws are the worst. Never been diagnosed with anything. But then again, I've never mentioned it to my neurologist. I figured it was related the my narcolepsy in some way.
Yeah, small screws suck. As does attempting to carry coffee cups.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I do watch repair - yeah, screws are tough. Even magnetic ones - too small to hang on. Old-school trick for watch person was to touch screwdriver to some pine resin/tar/sticky shit. The modern choice is clear silicone grease - just keep a little container on the workbench for the small ones.

I have had two fingers on my left hand going numb on me lately - I suspect it is due to getting hit by a truck about 18 years ago. I was supposed to get a cervical disc fused years ago.:rolleyes:

Yep. I've got nerve damage in my pointer finger and picking up small stuff (or tying small knots) is the worst

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
when is your surgery
how long is it
what exactly are the doing
how is the recovery

I don’t have one lined up right now. I asked why they don’t try to do the one that killed me again, now that I feel better, and they’re afraid I’ll just die again only be deader. The only reason I’m here now is because they waive DNRs during surgeries. Yay!

If they do another “real” surgery (not chest tube stuff or quickies) it’ll be a transplant, which I feel is unlikely. If that happens, I’ll be in Seattle for up to two months. Weird.