Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

New interesting symptom/thing

for a while now sometimes I instantly vomit when I eat something like eggs so I just started assuming that I have a sensitivity to them.

Since I’ve been sick there are so many times where I just start puking for no reason and it’s not even after I eat and it’s been a while it’s immediately as soon as I eat basically as I’m swallowing my food I’m already throwing it up. It’s like being nauseous times x1000. It’s pretty much happened every day since I’ve been home...

It started with eggs but now it’s pretty much anything it’s like I have the worlds worst gag reflex (not a word about swallowing!!!)
You could have been practicing for years...

You could have been practicing for years...

giphy.gif

Called my primary care physician's office to schedule an appointment. Call taker takes notes and says nurse will call me back. A few hours later, nurse calls back and says since I haven't been seen by their office in over 3 yrs, that I'm no longer a patient and have to find another PCP. I've used this PCP since 1996, through five surgeries and other minor ailments. Granted the doctor (ironically he was from Southern NJ near where I'm from) died a few years ago, but they have added a bunch of new clinicians: a new doctor, PA, and NP. The medical system in our country has failed us.

Called my primary care physician's office to schedule an appointment. Call taker takes notes and says nurse will call me back. A few hours later, nurse calls back and says since I haven't been seen by their office in over 3 yrs, that I'm no longer a patient and have to find another PCP. I've used this PCP since 1996, through five surgeries and other minor ailments. Granted the doctor (ironically he was from Southern NJ near where I'm from) died a few years ago, but they have added a bunch of new clinicians: a new doctor, PA, and NP. The medical system in our country has failed us.

what in the actual fuck!!!
so if somebody doesn’t get sick for three years they fucking kick you off the team?

so if somebody doesn’t get sick for three years they fucking kick you off the team?
Sounds about right. I haven't seen my PCP at the VA in around that long, but I've been seeing a shrink there for at least 2.5 years. Despite actively being in the system they have removed me from my PCP's care.

Tru fax. I had the same doctor from 2001 till ?? Cool dude, was a ski bum got bored and went to med school. I tried to make an appointment in 2016 and hadn't seen him since 2011. They were like nah, and I was like ok can I be a new patient, nope not accepting new patients.

So pepper spray is aboot 4mil scoville. I've only got adjusted to 2 mil peppers. Soon, I will be immune.

Pro tip, fat helps not milk. Cream is best if going dairy. Beer might make it worse at first but it is the best way to clear, or rum.

So pepper spray is aboot 4mil scoville. I've only got adjusted to 2 mil peppers. Soon, I will be immune.

Pro tip, fat helps not milk. Cream is best if going dairy. Beer might make it worse at first but it is the best way to clear, or rum.
I had a can of cop-grade pepper spray. THought I was being smart, popped it into my pants pocket while going to spend several hours on street in very sketchy area. The pain of having PS running down your thigh into your shoe. JUUUUUSTT missed getting on the junk*. :tard: :p

*Maybe my junk was immune - I was married to a lady from south d'Border. :)

yep, and its not the docs. Its the medical practice businesses that set the rules.

Every time i go in for preventative maintenance (yearly checkup, etc), they make me sign a form that I wont discuss any health issues with my doctor. Like if somethings wrong or out of the ordinary... i cant tell him.

If i want to tell him, I have to schedule a separate appt just for that specific issue so they can bill me for it.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Josh and Immigrant
yep, and its not the docs. Its the medical practice businesses that set the rules.

Every time i go in for preventative maintenance (yearly checkup, etc), they make me sign a form that I wont discuss any health issues with my doctor. Like if somethings wrong or out of the ordinary... i cant tell him.

If i want to tell him, I have to schedule a separate appt just for that specific issue so they can bill me for it.

What fucking system are you in? I've never seen this shit.

New interesting symptom/thing

for a while now sometimes I instantly vomit when I eat something like eggs so I just started assuming that I have a sensitivity to them.

Since I’ve been sick there are so many times where I just start puking for no reason and it’s not even after I eat and it’s been a while it’s immediately as soon as I eat basically as I’m swallowing my food I’m already throwing it up. It’s like being nauseous times x1000. It’s pretty much happened every day since I’ve been home...

It started with eggs but now it’s pretty much anything it’s like I have the worlds worst gag reflex (not a word about swallowing!!!)

Please say you’ve called a doctor about this.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia