Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Hoodie and rain gear yes, that's hypothermia weather.
Nothing down here calls for a real winter jacket though. You'd sweat like hell and be wet from that.

Don’t you guys see weather in the low 40s on occasion? That’s chilly enough for a winter jacket.

If not, disregard.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
We must have different definitions of winter as yes that type of weather exists here but winter does not.

“Winter” is being used as a coat description in both of our posts. Low 40s is cold, regardless of what actual season it is.

In my opinion of course.

Edit I see people all the time wearing T shirts and no jacket when it’s 40°. They look cold too. I feel bad for them for a half second until I realize it’s a fashion choice.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
“Winter” is being used as a coat description in both of our posts. Low 40s is cold, regardless of what actual season it is.

In my opinion of course.

Edit I see people all the time wearing T shirts and no jacket when it’s 40°. They look cold too. I feel bad for them for a half second until I realize it’s a fashion choice.

South Philly uniform.
Backwards hat.
Eagles jersey.
Over sized shorts.
Kneesocks and sandals.

The fatter ones wear it 365.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
I admit to have been a shorts wearer way too late in the warm months and donning them too soon in Spring, and people thought I was nuts. It was an almost athletic job, mostly outdoors, and I was still acclimating from relocating from Nebraska, where winter is fucking real.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Man, the US had 541 new deaths on Saturday. That's terrifying. Statistically it's a drop in the bucket of the population, but I'm getting to the point that if they don't cancel my work this week I may just make the call and take PTO and not leave the damn house until it's over.

I'm not fuckin essential no matter what they classed me as.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Man, the US had 541 new deaths on Saturday. That's terrifying. Statistically it's a drop in the bucket of the population, but I'm getting to the point that if they don't cancel my work this week I may just make the call and take PTO and not leave the damn house until it's over.

Apparently I am not essential, but by virtue of where I work, I am above that at critical.

:lol:
I get it at one level, at another... :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie

Health before money. Your employer is a dickbag for putting you and others at risk. Keep you and your family safe above all else. This is serious shit thats going on. Remote work, or dont work. Those are the two options anyone who is non essential should be given.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Apparently I am not essential, but by virtue of where I work, I am above that at critical.

:lol:
I get it at one level, at another... :lol:
every defense contractor got themselves classified as critical. Cause that new tank or airplane or satellite being 2 months late in a 7 year long schedule is really gonna make a difference.

unless you're making masks, meds, food, ventilators, or utilities you're not fuckin critical.