Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

That sounds super sketchy. It's also bullshit of your employer to be docking your pay at this time, that is totally fucked up and money should not be concerning you above the health of you, your family and the wider public. What precautions do you have if you're going back out there and maybe passing it on?
I'm his employer. I'm a real bastard.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
I’m allowed to bank my sick days, and currently have about 8 months worth. Can’t cash them out when I retire, but I can use them and get full pay if I ever have a heart attack or whatever.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I’m allowed to bank my sick days, and currently have about 8 months worth. Can’t cash them out when I retire, but I can use them and get full pay if I ever have a heart attack or whatever.

Good grief. Hopefully you won't need them. Not for a heart attack anyway.
Maybe cosmetic surgery in a few years but nothing serious i hope.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
surely they have to make an exception for this
how you feeling baba?
they could make an exception, but a lot of places will only do what is legally required of them - partially bc they don't care, and partially bc it opens them up to accusations of favoritism (you let HIM do it but not ME?!), which outweighs the other will depend on the employer.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
they could make an exception, but a lot of places will only do what is legally required of them - partially bc they don't care, and partially bc it opens them up to accusations of favoritism (you let HIM do it but not ME?!), which outweighs the other will depend on the employer.
things need to change, it's not like these assholes can't do with a slightly lower profit share..

• Gravy
Reactions: august
When I was 22, I was gainfully employed at a small company, and had a family consisting of a wife and one kid. I got hired at a company (the HUGE frozen food factory) and the first year, I had 12 paid sick days and one paid week of vacation. I worked there for six years, and after two years, I had two weeks vacation and still 12 sick days, paid. After five years, 3 weeks of vacation. I made enough money that my other half working was an option, not a necessity. We had the ability to have a parent home

Health insurance for me was no charge at all. I paid one copay, prescriptions. $5. To insure my family was $50 a month. My son had his tonsils out. I paid $5 for his prescriptions.

Thanks, unions!

Granted, that was the ‘80s, but you can clearly see how greed combined with unions going away have changed things. I know not too many here are working physical labor jobs, but without unions, those jobs would pay even less than they do now. Unions dictated what ALL jobs paid back then, union or not.

• Gravy
Reactions: august and OOD