Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I’m glad she is on the mend. RSV is scary.
one of my tasks at work is to keep track of all of our patients as they are admitted and discharged from the hospital, and we've had a lot of our pediatric patients in for bronchiolitis lately, so I've been on high alert about her breathing.

also, now one of her older cousins has strep
:case:

this is all really bad timing; I think she would have been fine, but she got a bunch of shots at her well visit, including her first flu shot (she gets the second in a month) and I think that just raced her immune system enough that the RSV got her.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
If I could be granted one wish, it would be the ability to touch someone and take all their ailments for myself.

If I could be granted one wish, it would be the ability to touch someone and take all their ailments for myself.

How about modifying that wish to touching someone and making their ailments just disappear? Make them completely healthy. Physically and mentally.
That way you could do it for a long time.
That would be wonderful.

How about modifying that wish to touching someone and making their ailments just disappear? Make them completely healthy. Physically and mentally.
That way you could do it for a long time.
That would be wonderful.

I figure there’s a cost for everything. Maybe a compromise where I take away illness, then need to poop really bad? That’s better.

So I’ve pretty much determined we ended up with the flu and man it’s kicked my butt. My fever went away Saturday night and I’m still coughing and sneezing and running on about 1/8 tank of energy. The baby however got it a day later than me, was fevered until last night, and has no remaining signs she was ever sick today. She’s bouncing off the walls and no congestion leftover.

So I’ve pretty much determined we ended up with the flu and man it’s kicked my butt. My fever went away Saturday night and I’m still coughing and sneezing and running on about 1/8 tank of energy. The baby however got it a day later than me, was fevered until last night, and has no remaining signs she was ever sick today. She’s bouncing off the walls and no congestion leftover.
unless you've had another kid, which would be no surprise at all, she isnt exactly a baby anymore :)

It looks like the cartridge on top of my femur is kind of torn up a little. It looks like wear and tear and possibly the tumble irritated it into hurting. No real treatment. If it continues to bother me I’ll bring it up at my next visit- I see him 3 or 4 times a year anyway.

He said to use crutches or my wheelchair if it bugs me too much.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia