Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

They've located a ton of genetic markers for it.
But not the mutations that make them go bad. Some peeps have the same markers no spectrum disorder.

If it's genetic, it almost certainly does.
If you mean the higher level of diagnosis, not even close to explaining the increase. There is an actual increase. Even after 18 years with virtually no mercury in vaccines.

IIRC, my information comes from some infectious diseases dude on Joe Rogan's podcast, but my understanding is that they now know where to look to determine who has, or doesn't have, autism. Not just if it *might* be expressed.
Well, since it's not an infectious disease . . .

But seriously, have heard no news of a test that can identify who is autistic. Which would be pretty fucked up anyway since it covers such a spectrum. From hyperfocusing musicians, scientists and artists, to people who don't respond to basic conversation. I agree with Asa that a lot of genes have been implicated. So what would the test focus on?

could be patho-epigenetics (I didn't listen to the thing so idk but it's not necessarily irrelevant)
Actually one of the better responses imo.

Could very well be. Could be they have identified genes adversely affected by micro-organisms and not that the genes themselves are particularly prone to mutations, short of those influences. Maybe the higher incidence of ASD is linked to changes in gut bacteria brought on by the modern diet. I blame palm oil!! :mad:

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Well, since it's not an infectious disease . . .

But seriously, have heard no news of a test that can identify who is autistic. Which would be pretty fucked up anyway since it covers such a spectrum. From hyperfocusing musicians, scientists and artists, to people who don't respond to basic conversation. I agree with Asa that a lot of genes have been implicated. So what would the test focus on?
Except since it relates to vaccines...

Was a pretty good interview. Dude is apparently a pretty well known dude in the vax/antivax community. You could really tell how scared of the antivax lawyers he was.

Was a pretty good interview. Dude is apparently a pretty well known dude in the vax/antivax community. You could really tell how scared of the antivax lawyers he was.
How does the ASD relate to vaccines? Vaccination rates are going down in USA, have for last 20+ years. ASD continues to increase. Extra points for original and uniques lines of thought.

Here are the podcast notes.

I recently got hooked up with a clinic that I’m currently qualifying to go to. “Currently” because I’ve grown accustomed to having these types of rugs yanked out from under me. The pharmacy there charges the patient cost. The drugs are passed along at cost.

I’ve filled four different prescriptions there so far, two inhalers and two pill-type Rxs.

The two inhalers were $17 for a one month supply. The pills were $14 for 3 months’ supply. That’s the cost.

Lots of people are getting greased somewhere along the line.

I recently got hooked up with a clinic that I’m currently qualifying to go to. “Currently” because I’ve grown accustomed to having these types of rugs yanked out from under me. The pharmacy there charges the patient cost. The drugs are passed along at cost.

I’ve filled four different prescriptions there so far, two inhalers and two pill-type Rxs.

The two inhalers were $17 for a one month supply. The pills were $14 for 3 months’ supply. That’s the cost.

Lots of people are getting greased somewhere along the line.

It's called the healthcare industry for a reason.

That's normal for aging men passed middle age to get up early though .
It is in my family anyway . Fish ain't gonna catch themselves .