Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Did you lick it up???

One of my classmates was an ER nurse of some kind, but not a full nurse (who I helped get into rehab sponsored him later) had a system where he’d clean up IV bags including morphine, etc, and one morning at school he was completely freaked out and nervously dragged me to the bathroom and showed me his backpack full of half empty bags.

Then he cried loudly and begged me to help him.

Reminds me, mother in law takes meds for blood pressure. The pharmacy is out of her usual dosage but will give her the double up and cut it in half so its her normal dosage. But at $10 for the pill cutting.
I think they should eat the cutting charge. Its not her fault they're out of her prescription and that extra $10 is a lot for some folks.
Or she could have it wrong and misunderstood what she was being told.
We should investigate.

Reminds me, mother in law takes meds for blood pressure. The pharmacy is out of her usual dosage but will give her the double up and cut it in half so its her normal dosage. But at $10 for the pill cutting.
I think they should eat the cutting charge. Its not her fault they're out of her prescription and that extra $10 is a lot for some folks.
We should investigate.
That is ridiculous. And the dosage won't be exact despite their expensive slicing. Try another pharmacy, ask them to call others in their network.

Is she doing ok?

That is ridiculous. And the dosage won't be exact despite their expensive slicing. Try another pharmacy, ask them to call others in their network.

Is she doing ok?

She's good. We're going to get to the bottom of this today. And we are most likely changing pharmacies.
Like I said, she could be confused, so we need to ask what's what.
She already changed to this pharmacy last year because one of the girls behind the counter at the last one "has a snotty attitude".

We should investigate.

Yes they should eat the charge.

That said, pill cutters like this are about $5. Could give her one, or do it for her to see she's dosed correctly. Or slip the pharmacist a 10.

1369.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Yes they should eat the charge.

That said, pill cutters like this are about $5. Could give her one, or do it for her to see she's dosed correctly. Or slip the pharmacist a 10.

View attachment 5947

She'll never use it. She's so old she can't cut butter on her own.
The wife and I now have a third baby that needs our help.

At least it wears off faster. One line isn't a 2 or 3 day commitment.
Regular speed wears off in 4-6 hours. According to the 'Net meth wears off in 12-ish. *Actually, both numbers pulled from 'Net, I personally thought the speed was more like 6-8 hrs. Amphetamine and methamphetamine are not the same animal -lab vs. street produced for starters.

Regarding Asa's 'script - please consider he is probably only getting a tiny fraction of what someone gets BAMM in a single hit of meth. And fairly slow release via his gut.

Regular speed wears off in 4-6 hours. According to the 'Net meth wears off in 12-ish. *Actually, both numbers pulled from 'Net, I personally thought the speed was more like 6-8 hrs. Amphetamine and methamphetamine are not the same animal -lab vs. street produced for starters.

Regarding Asa's 'script - please consider he is probably only getting a tiny fraction of what someone gets BAMM in a single hit of meth. And fairly slow release via his gut.

Meth in the ‘80s, one small ass line could keep you going for at minimum 16 hours. The stuff these days isn’t likely crap.

She'll never use it. She's so old she can't cut butter on her own.
The wife and I now have a third baby that needs our help.

Ah. Might be handy for you and the wife to keep around.then. Makes fairly even halves but mostly because they keep the pieces contained. Don't have pill chunks flying around the kitchen.

They make crushers too. If she has trouble swallowing a big one can mix it in a drink or something.

Been through all this with a couple old folks. Some of the little gadgets come in handy.