Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

My doctor figured out I just have kidneys that fucking generate stones. So there's nothing that I can do. but he's like, yeah thats too big to pass but its fine because its in a corner. And my urethra was like, yeah fuck you, we do this my way.

That's the second in six months :(
Were they calcium based or uric acid?

So I've got this lump in my throat. not a physical one... at least not that I can tell. It hurts to swallow and it feels like I have a golf ball in my throat. There's no airway obstruction and it doesn't hurt when I'm not swallowing. It doesn't hurt so much in the morning, but by afternoon it's pretty miserable. About two weeks ago I got over the pains of Tonsillitis, and have had a cough ever since so I'm wondering if this is like some sort of final blaze of glory before it's completely gone... If it gets any worse I'm going to the docs. If it's the same on monday as it is today, I'm going to the doc.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
So I've got this lump in my throat. not a physical one... at least not that I can tell. It hurts to swallow and it feels like I have a golf ball in my throat. There's no airway obstruction and it doesn't hurt when I'm not swallowing. It doesn't hurt so much in the morning, but by afternoon it's pretty miserable. About two weeks ago I got over the pains of Tonsillitis, and have had a cough ever since so I'm wondering if this is like some sort of final blaze of glory before it's completely gone... If it gets any worse I'm going to the docs. If it's the same on monday as it is today, I'm going to the doc.
Don't die.

@Maureen the urine dipsticks we used at my lab was the siemens multistix 10 sg but they make some with fewer things they test for that still includes protein
I missed the original part of why you were testing it lolololol

It might be your tonsils. They can get huge. Look at them in the mirror with a flashlight or have the gf look at them. And say AAAH for god's sake, or you can't see them. ;) If there are white or groce spots, you have a fever, and worse breath than usual, you may need antibiotics.

Also ibuprofen (with food please) and ice pops help.

She wants the ketosis
ok the multistix 7 has both ketones and protein (as well as others), the 5 doesn't have ketones.

there are plenty of other brands out there, obvs, but I know the siemens ones are good (but we had a machine that read them for better accuracy) vs some shady no-name brand

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
ok the multistix 7 has both ketones and protein (as well as others), the 5 doesn't have ketones.

there are plenty of other brands out there, obvs, but I know the siemens ones are good (but we had a machine that read them for better accuracy) vs some shady no-name brand
Ya we use those at work, too. I could send her some but don't want to encourage this behavior (god I'm such a mom). Not that I would ever take them from work lol. ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: strawberry love