Food Health food

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,185
So like I said in the workout thread I'm on a health kick right now. I'm doing pretty well food wise however I want a few breakfast options to get my metabolism started but satisfy my hunger for a long time. Any suggestions welcome, I'd like to vary it a lot too so I don't get bored and revert back to bad food. Any lunch or dinner recommendations are also good. :heart:

I eat Kashi cereal every morning.

You should eat high proteins and your only carbs for the day in the morning.

Carbs are bad because most of us do not control ourselves around them. A little in the morning for breakfast is fine, but there are good carbs such as greens and fruits that you can eat the rest of the day.

IbCoqui arrives

Supposedly carbs store fat in your body. I'm not a nutritionist so I'm not sure what amount is good for you. The less carbs eaten, less fat sticks to you.

Supposedly carbs store fat in your body. I'm not a nutritionist so I'm not sure what amount is good for you. The less carbs eaten, less fat sticks to you.

I dunno if that's necesasrily true either. Dieting is such a complicated business!! I do know Atkins freaks will tell you that carbs are bad but I think protein in combination with carbs in a meal is good for you and doesn't make you too fat. You need carbs for a reason.

[awaiting Coqui's reply]

The funny thing about dieting and diet plans is that everyone is vastly different in what they need and don't need. This is why seeing a nutritionist is better than following the latest diet fad.

You're very right. I tend to listen to my body and it tells me what I need on that particular day. Obviously if it wants/needs a million sweets I tell it to bugger off but I know when my body needs some meat, fish, veg, fruit etc. and I feed it that. When I diet I tend to focus a lot on calories.