HD tvs and repair

Just soldered the new board into my t.v. and it works beautifully. Total cost: $170. 50 inches of kickassness. Ima watch some skeery movies on it later. :omy:

edit: i couldn't just replace the caps because the board itself had some detached contact pads beneath some of them. So I forked over the money for an entire new board. $8.....$150.....still not bad for that t.v.

Last edited:
Just soldered the new board into my t.v. and it works beautifully. Total cost: $170. 50 inches of kickassness. Ima watch some skeery movies on it later. :omy:

edit: i couldn't just replace the caps because the board itself had some detached contact pads beneath some of them. So I forked over the money for an entire new board. $8.....$150.....still not bad for that t.v.

Good work.

$170 for a 50 inch tv? shit dawg, that's not bad at all. Rear projection? How's the picture quality?

It has really, really good picture quality on HD content and the DVDs I've tried. Normal (far crappier) quality on cable and regular t.v. channels. One thing I've noticed is the pretty narrow viewing angle. There is an obvious difference between standing off to either side or viewing from above or below and sitting directly in front of it. I had no experience with rear-projections before this one (or this type of screen, I guess I should say), so that was unknown to me. Think of a laptop screen in case I did a shitty job of explaining what I'm talking about. The side viewing angles are far better (wider) than the top and bottom viewing angles though.

It has decent pre-set color configurations (sports, movies, etc.) if you don't want to adjust your own settings, and the sound is killer, too. The factory speakers in the cabinet have impressive clarity and depth. The bass shakes my walls, probably much to the delight of my neighbors.

I cannot wait to watch the Stanley Cup game tonight on this thing. It will be my first hockey game in massive theater-wide. *sniff*

Last edited: