:hay:

Yep, my speakers are at least 10 years old but I just upgraded the receiver to one that has HDMI.

Mainly because I ran out of optical sound inputs on the receiver and didn't feel like getting a switch of some sort. Not to mention getting the picture to synch perfectly with the audio was becoming a total pain in the arse.

Making that move allowed me to remove a giant pile of cables from the beast and replace them with 5 HDMI cables :lol:

Same here :fly: When I first put it in I had 4 HDMI and an optical audio cable for the HTPC.

Then I added the VCR to look at some old tapes, and my record player. :lol: That fucked it all up!

yeah duke -- don't sign up for any program...they aren't doing it as a favor to you. they're making money and locking you in or something. either pay more each month or pay at least an extra payment every year. or do both. :D :hot:

You're just buying it because it's eco-friendly.

What makes EFS actually friendly for the environment?

EFS is created using a different process than MDF, and it does not contain urea-formaldehyde which is the bonding agent used as MDF is baked into the panels commonly used in construction. Without using urea-formaldehyde EFS is also a safer material for us to work with as well; because it does not emit the fumes
while we are building enclosures. EFS is also built using whole wood logs (these are logs not suitable for construction in raw form), wood chips, and sawmill waste. The differences in the process add some interesting attributes to EFS; it actually ends up having a higher density than MDF as well.

You're just buying it because it's eco-friendly.

What makes EFS actually friendly for the environment?

EFS is created using a different process than MDF, and it does not contain urea-formaldehyde which is the bonding agent used as MDF is baked into the panels commonly used in construction. Without using urea-formaldehyde EFS is also a safer material for us to work with as well; because it does not emit the fumes
while we are building enclosures. EFS is also built using whole wood logs (these are logs not suitable for construction in raw form), wood chips, and sawmill waste. The differences in the process add some interesting attributes to EFS; it actually ends up having a higher density than MDF as well.

Higher density = win. They also stuff it with hippies to balance it out.

surprised you aren't going the bic route. everyone over there goes crazy for their stuff in the sub dept
it's what I have