Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥51,206
Steam
heyfubuddy
Not me:cool:
Its like, columbia day or some shit. So its a paid day off for me. My original plan was to mow the lawn in my underpants, since chances of having law enforcement called on me would be minimal with everyone working. But its raining, so I think Ill just sit here in my underpants all day and wallow in my own crapulence.

What are yuo guys up to today:fly:?

me :( but I'm going to be really late and say I got lost on the way, winding up on a caribbean island

I will then hand my boss a trunk full of gold and an indigenous slave

I get 3 weeks a year now (after working here for 6 years) + 3 "floating holidays" + 12 regular holidays (like Christmas).

The fucking Swedish department of our company gets 18 holidays + 6 weeks + August off + "stress leave". Any time for any reason, if the employee feels too stressed and that health can be put in jeopardy, they can just walk out for an undetermined amount of time until the stress levels are more manageable. So at the end of the project when stress is at the highest, people can just walk up and leave. Since the US doesn't have that, we pick up the slack in work, finishing their stuff while they are "destressing".

We are only allowed to accrue 30 days. Sick time and PTO all come out of the same pot.

We are allowed to take "reasonable" amount of sick days off. There is no running tab, but you can't be extreme about it for fear of a bad work review.

We can accrue twice the number of weeks of vacation we earn a year. So for instance, I earn 3 weeks a year. I can "bank" up to 6 weeks. If I save up any more time, it is lost. 7 years ago you could have sold that time back but not now.

A third of my department has rollover; they just start losing vacation. One guy went so far as to start marking down in his pay sheet he was taking vacation but was still working 10 hour days 6 days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.