Hay camera people...

You don't want that one unless you already know you need more than what a standard camera can offer. For one thing, you'll need an additional $2-300 for a lens as I'm sure that's the body only.

Sarcasmo said:
They're experts, and VERY well known in the Photography market. I've got a buddy in Switzerland who uses them exclusively, which says a lot. My brother in law is a pro photographer and uses them a lot, I've got friends from Denver to San Diego who use them too. I've bought maybe 60 items from them and never had a problem. They're a great store.

Plus once you order something they'll send you the Holy Grail of photography catalogs. 400+ pages of fap material.

Oh, and check out their Ebay storefront. They usually have some good deals on there.
I ordered a UV lens once and I get that fucking catalog all the time. Ugh. Get that shit out my mailbox.

ERage said:
I have a Canon A510 (3.2 Megapixel) which is uber simple and takes quality pics. Bestbuy is selling the A520 for $200 which looks like the next gen of the A510 - 4 Megapixel pics. I've been very happy with my A510.

and that's all I have to say about that.
i had an a510 until my fucktard friends broke it, then i bought an a520. they're identical except for the 520 being 4mp like you said.

both are great cameras, but i'm sorta pissed off that the lens cover doesn't close on my a520.

it still works, so i'm not about to go messing with it, but still, it's irritating.

theacoustician said:
Unless you really dig photography, don't get a DSLR. I'm guessing you just want something that takes nice pics and is fairly simple to use, right? Try something more like the Canon A620. Should be able to get it under $350 without a memory card.

Oh hush, let someone have their fun with an expensive toy.

Point and shoots are so limited.

Drool-Boy said:
I think were gonna go with the a620
That with a 512mb mem card should work out just fine

Only 512? How long are you gonna be there? You probably wouldn't plan on taking near as many pictures as I would.

Fat Burger said:
I agree with April, if he has the money, it's that important to him, and he's willing to learn how to use the camera, there's no reason he should be denied good pictures.

While I agree with this, I feel the camera in the original link would be wasted on a nitwit like myself. We just needed one for casual use and vacation pics. The A620 fit the bill.

SpangeMonkee said:
yulp yulp. I suggest you buy some nice rechargable with it too. as pointed out in my drunken state at the Halloween party, the regular ol' batteries don't last for shit.

QFT I swear everytime I use my camera I have to recharge the batteries before I'm able to use it again.

SpangeMonkee said:
yulp yulp. I suggest you buy some nice rechargable with it too. as pointed out in my drunken state at the Halloween party, the regular ol' batteries don't last for shit.

Yeah...especially when you try to take bunches of pictures up people's skirts...all that flashing and deleting...:p

SpangeMonkee said:

I already have some that go between my mouse & xbox controller. Guess Ill have to get some more:p

Drool-Boy said:
While I agree with this, I feel the camera in the original link would be wasted on a nitwit like myself. We just needed one for casual use and vacation pics. The A620 fit the bill.

Look into those disposable cameras while you are at it.