Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥51,303
Steam
heyfubuddy
Fly is an insatiable cock-monster

Is this a good deal?

http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wc...&langId=-1&productId=13355057&bct=t1003;c1009

Someone, who shall remain nameless, suddenly has a bug in the wazoo to buy a new camera. Were taking that alaska trip this summer, and the camera we have is crap. So , is that up there a good deal? Or , can anyone suggest a better deal? Find me a kickass camera for less money and me love you long time.
Thanks.

Last edited:
theacoustician said:
Um, are you really that into photography that you (or that nameless person) needs a DSLR?

No, not really. We just need a good, solid camera that takes quality pics.
The one in the link was suggested to her by a coworker.

Drool-Boy said:
No, not really. We just need a good, solid camera that takes quality pics.
The one in the link was suggested to her by a coworker.
Unless you really dig photography, don't get a DSLR. I'm guessing you just want something that takes nice pics and is fairly simple to use, right? Try something more like the Canon A620. Should be able to get it under $350 without a memory card.

theacoustician said:
Unless you really dig photography, don't get a DSLR. I'm guessing you just want something that takes nice pics and is fairly simple to use, right? Try something more like the Canon A620. Should be able to get it under $350 without a memory card.

Sarcasmo said:
I'm a DPreview.com junkie, so here is a good article that discusses the D50 vs. the D70, if you are in fact inclined to go the Nikon route. (Which I would. I own a D70 and caress it at night while I sleep.)

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond50/

And where are all these pictures that you take with this fancy D70? Hmmmm??? I've seen ZERO pics from you mistar. :mad:

Oh and Drool, buy the dslr and give it to me. Then you can have my easy peasy camera. :hi2u:

Pandora said:
And where are all these pictures that you take with this fancy D70? Hmmmm??? I've seen ZERO pics from you mistar. :mad:

I do specialty large-format work. Most of my stuff is currently on display in galleries.

gh4634d3.jpg
shaving74bl.jpg

theacoustician said:

Ya, now that looks more like what will work for us.
Thanks.

I have a Canon A510 (3.2 Megapixel) which is uber simple and takes quality pics. Bestbuy is selling the A520 for $200 which looks like the next gen of the A510 - 4 Megapixel pics. I've been very happy with my A510.

and that's all I have to say about that.

Drool-Boy said:
Something about buying cameras from stores in new york makes me uneasy

They're experts, and VERY well known in the Photography market. I've got a buddy in Switzerland who uses them exclusively, which says a lot. My brother in law is a pro photographer and uses them a lot, I've got friends from Denver to San Diego who use them too. I've bought maybe 60 items from them and never had a problem. They're a great store.

Plus once you order something they'll send you the Holy Grail of photography catalogs. 400+ pages of fap material.

Oh, and check out their Ebay storefront. They usually have some good deals on there.