Hawaii here I cum

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
OK, I need advice and suggestions. I just got approved yesterday to travel to Honolulu on business; I've never been to Hawaii before.

I am thinking of staying at the Hawai'ian Village Beach Resort and Spa which is #2 on this map and right on Waikiki Beach. (#1 on the map is the conference building)

hotel_map.jpg

Has anyone traveled to Hawaii before? If so, what are some things that are not to be missed while I'm there. Since I'm working during the day I'll probably be limited to the island of Oahu.

Help me out guys, as long as JJ approves Blondie's time off she'll be going too and I want to show her a good time. Thanks everybody.

P.S.
B_Sinning: you need to get SCAD to approve you to travel to this conference...http://www.campusofthefuture.org

Edit: the dates I'll be there are Thursday July 6th - Tuesday July 11th

i've been to hawaii around that same time of year. my biggest piece of advice is WEAR REALLY GOOD SUNSCREEN. the sun is ridiculously strong that time of year. i got second degree sunburn over most of my arms and parts of my face when i was wearing spf 15
a couple of neat touristy attractions on oahu are pearl harbor, the polynesian cultural/educational center, and taking a tour of diamond head by helicopter. i personally think waikiki is a bit overcommercialized, i really enjoyed maui kauai and the big islands more than oahu. if you have a car, hopefully you can take a day and just cruise around the island. the north shore is really pretty (we stayed at turtle bay). make sure you get some fresh produce from a farm stand (it doesn't compare to the stuff in the grocery stores). as far as dining goes, take blondie to sam choi's restaurant. it's right in waikiki.

i am so jealous you get to go! make sure you take lotsa pictures

F33nX said:
i've been to hawaii around that same time of year. my biggest piece of advice is WEAR REALLY GOOD SUNSCREEN. the sun is ridiculously strong that time of year. i got second degree sunburn over most of my arms and parts of my face when i was wearing spf 15
a couple of neat touristy attractions on oahu are pearl harbor, the polynesian cultural/educational center, and taking a tour of diamond head by helicopter. i personally think waikiki is a bit overcommercialized, i really enjoyed maui kauai and the big islands more than oahu. if you have a car, hopefully you can take a day and just cruise around the island. the north shore is really pretty (we stayed at turtle bay). make sure you get some fresh produce from a farm stand (it doesn't compare to the stuff in the grocery stores). as far as dining goes, take blondie to sam choi's restaurant. it's right in waikiki.

i am so jealous you get to go! make sure you take lotsa pictures

Great suggestions, Pearl Harbor was a definite for me so far but I'll consider doing the Polynesian Cultural Center as well. What kind of food does Sam Choi serve up? Local flavors?

As far as the sunscreen...I'm pretty dark usually by summer...it's that mediterranian blood line; but blondie is easily cooked so I'll keep the infant sunscreen handy for her :lol:

ERage said:
Great suggestions, Pearl Harbor was a definite for me so far but I'll consider doing the Polynesian Cultural Center as well. What kind of food does Sam Choi serve up? Local flavors?

As far as the sunscreen...I'm pretty dark usually by summer...it's that mediterranian blood line; but blondie is easily cooked so I'll keep the infant sunscreen handy for her :lol:
serious with the sunscreen. if you're not used to being out in the sun or your skin doesn't like it, spf60 for you.

sam choi is a pretty big name chef in hawaii, he's been on the food network dozens of times. he serves up traditional hawaiian and polynesian cuisine. other than that, eat seafood, and lots of it. mahi mahi is sooo :drool:
if you want to do a luau while you're there, try to find one that's not run by a hotel, since those tend to be cheesy tourist traps.

Thorn Bird said:
humph. this is just a bragging thread.
/me crosses arms and is green with jealousy.

Not at all! I really was looking for some ideas on what to do.

Well, okay maybe I'm bragging just a little :p

I'm an attention whore.
misha_whote.gif

Edit: This thread's content is terrible I vote it a 1. :lol:

Edit2: It won't let me bomb my own thread. :mad:

Last edited: