having dinner with Charles Barkley tonight

Mortons is expensive, they have one in Houston. I've been once and it was 80 bucks a plate if I recall correctly.

... in my case I had to pay several millions just for my meal. :(

April23 said:
Mortons is expensive, they have one in Houston. I've been once and it was 80 bucks a plate if I recall correctly.

... in my case I had to pay several millions just for my meal. :(
The steaks are around $28-45 for 'normal' ones, if you go for the multiple pound prime ribs it goes up from there

Sides are somewhere around $12 a piece

I've eaten at the one in Boston a couple times, it's better than The Palm in town, but nowhere near as good as Fleming's, Capitol Grill, or Abe & Louie's

Heck, even Ben Benson's in NYC was better IMO

ChikkenNoodul said:
The steaks are around $28-45 for 'normal' ones, if you go for the multiple pound prime ribs it goes up from there

I've eaten at the one in Boston a couple times, it's better than The Palm in town, but nowhere near as good as Fleming's, Capitol Grill, or Abe & Louie's

Never been to those last three... I love me some medium rare steak and potatoes though. :heart:

ChikkenNoodul said:

I have The Palm and Flemings, and Palm > Flemings (here at least)

ChikkenNoodul said:

capital grille>*
their filet au poivre, omg orgasmic :drool:

April23 said:
Never been to those last three... I love me some medium rare steak and potatoes though. :heart:

omg you had me at med rare :heart:

one of my uncles is a caricature on the wall in the palm 1 at NYC :)

Morton's is delicious. :drool:
There are a couple of them here in Chicago. If you're ever this way though, I recommend trying Ruth Chris, they're better than Morton's. :drool: :drool: :drool:

CletusJones said:
Morton's is delicious. :drool:
There are a couple of them here in Chicago. If you're ever this way though, I recommend trying Ruth Chris, they're better than Morton's. :drool: :drool: :drool:

there is a ruths chris across the street from me here at work...never been but I've been meaning too

edit:and mortons started in chi, no?

ChikkenNoodul said:
The Ruth's Chris in northern NJ isn't all that great

It seems that the quality of all these places differs greatly by geographic region :D
the one here is amazing. I woldn't have expected the quality to differ by that much.

Gibson's on Rush is pretty delicious too. They make a killer manhattan.

CletusJones said:
the one here is amazing. I woldn't have expected the quality to differ by that much.

Gibson's on Rush is pretty delicious too. They make a killer manhattan.

you don't go to a steakhouse for how they mix a drink :fly:

why_ask_why said:
you don't go to a steakhouse for how they mix a drink :fly:
i didn't, i went there for the MEAT. It's just a bonus that they make a killer manhattan. i know not a lot of people drink them, but i thought i'd throw it out there anyway.

CletusJones said:
i didn't, i went there for the MEAT. It's just a bonus that they make a killer manhattan. i know not a lot of people drink them, but i thought i'd throw it out there anyway.

I know, just messin' whichya :p