Halp Having a box for checked luggage

if they cut it open it won't be with your anywhere near it anyway, that shit happens in the back. they should reseal it if they open it.

it's subject to the identical restrictions as any luggage (weight, total dimensions, largest dimension). it better not be a case of whisky without protection other than the cardboard or it'll get smashed on the way. also, you'll have to check liquor import laws to make sure you don't run afoul of them. i know texas has some weird ones, but they might only apply to out of state bottlers trying to sell direct to consumer across state lines. (texas has a 3-tier system)

Also my company is reimbursing the baggage fee, so even that $25 doesn't bother me at all. Could be Sprint Airline's $45 + $45 for a carry on for all I care.

yes, if this is bottles of booze definitely carry it on. much safer than trusting it to luggage chuckers.

Well, I would spoil the surprise for chim's birthday if I mentioned what it is. Let's just say since it's under 24% per bottle of alcohol content, there are no restrictions on amount. Also the box is about the size of a regular suitcase less than 45 lbs.

And it is well padded, for sure. I am using a carrier ment for shipping using UPS.

Well, I would spoil the surprise for chim's birthday if I mentioned what it is. Let's just say since it's under 24% per bottle of alcohol content, there are no restrictions on amount. Also the box is about the size of a regular suitcase less than 45 lbs.

And it is well padded, for sure. I am using a carrier ment for shipping using UPS.
oh, you're fine, just check out the size restrictions on luggage for your particular carrier.

I assume they re-tape it if they have to cut it open.

you assume wrong. i've had the entire contents of my car inspected and left on a curb before being told to "have a nice day".

but those were customs guys, so who knows...

Last edited:
That's crazy. I didn't think they actually DID anything. Weird.

there's a whole lotta smuggling going on in that whole corridor, mostly due to their being a native reserve in between Ontario and NY near Cornwall/Massena. Tons of inspections, especially when you're a solo 25 year old male.