Have you seen the GoogleOS screens?

theacoustician said:
As for "Google OS", while it may be real, this isn't it. If it ever does come to light, it'll be more like Google Linux distro.

Agreed, but I can see Google reinventing the appliance first. I actually think that the world is a little more ready for something like that now, with broadband and wireless more common, and prices being a little better. I personally would love to have a little web appliance tablet (with or without a keyboard) that only cost a couple hundred bucks and I could keep on an end table in my living room.

Fat Burger said:
Agreed, but I can see Google reinventing the appliance first. I actually think that the world is a little more ready for something like that now, with broadband and wireless more common, and prices being a little better. I personally would love to have a little web appliance tablet (with or without a keyboard) that only cost a couple hundred bucks and I could keep on an end table in my living room.
I'm still not big on the whole download the apps from the internet thing.

fly said:
I'm still not big on the whole download the apps from the internet thing.

me either, but that seems to be the new trend. M$ is going that way too I think. Is this download apps concept in the works for Windows Vista?

I'm all for the thin client idea. If they can do for the word processor what GMail has done for my email apps... sign me up.

Granted, it would be nice if I could host the main app on one of my own computers.

theacoustician said:
Windows Vista looks nothing like that.

I'm not saying it does, I was asking if the downloadable apps concept was being applied to Vista. They are being so darn secretive about the whole thing I honestly wasn't sure. I've heard microsoft was moving towards downloadable apps, just didn't know if it was going into Vista or some other Version.

ERage said:
I'm not saying it does, I was asking if the downloadable apps concept was being applied to Vista. They are being so darn secretive about the whole thing I honestly wasn't sure. I've heard microsoft was moving towards downloadable apps, just didn't know if it was going into Vista or some other Version.
Oh oh oh

You're confusing Vista with Office Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/officelive/default.mspx

Fat Burger said:
IE is typically fine unless you're a person who never updates their system.

A) That is assuming Microsoft admits to the problem
B) Microsoft issues a patch right away.

I assume that same people that go after IE would be the same type of people that would go after Office Live.

Arátoeldar said:
A) That is assuming Microsoft admits to the problem
B) Microsoft issues a patch right away.

I assume that same people that go after IE would be the same type of people that would go after Office Live.
Any widespread flaw is fixed quickly, it's only the minor ones that don't really do any damage that take time to fix.

I disagree, actually. First of all, there aren't that many people who are actually using IE exploits. Most worms/trojans/etc are still spread over email, people attack Outlook Express (and rightly so, it sucks).

Now, how many people in the world use Internet Explorer? I estimate about 480 million people. Now how many people will use Office Live? 10 million at the most? Which would you attack?

Fat Burger said:
Any widespread flaw is fixed quickly, it's only the minor ones that don't really do any damage that take time to fix.

I disagree, actually. First of all, there aren't that many people who are actually using IE exploits. Most worms/trojans/etc are still spread over email, people attack Outlook Express (and rightly so, it sucks).

Now, how many people in the world use Internet Explorer? I estimate about 480 million people. Now how many people will use Office Live? 10 million at the most? Which would you attack?

yeah, it's like writing an apple virus...returns are too minimal to be worth wasting the time on