Have you ever questioned your own sanity???

zl1camaro said:
she's undermining your authority. Did she say that in front of others? If she did then that makes you look bad, if it was in private then tell her don't do it again but make sure you stand by that.

No, we were in private. The biggst problem with this person is that we used to be roomates, and then she came to work for me. Because of this friendship she thinks it is appropriate to sometimes say and do things that are NOT. I had to write her up today because she was late for the second day in a row. FTR she has worked here two years now and is maybe getting more comfortable. :confused:

I stopped questioning my sanity long, long ago. I eventually settled on:
It ain't just me, we're all fucking nuts.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I used to frequently have no memory of how I got home, all I know is I would 'zone in' in time to not miss the exit or something :fly:

Happens much less often now :chikken:

I think that happens with a lot of people who commute. Turning off my brain is the only way I can stand sitting in traffic for an hour. My commute is only 30 mins now. :)

ERage said:
It sounds like only this one individual has a problem with you since they are the only one saying anything. Do you think others in the office would also voice an opinion if they felt you were over-reacting about something?

If it is only this one person that has a problem and everyone else seems fine then you can assume the problem lies with them and not you. This only works if you believe that others would speak up...I know this is not always the case in a small company. I wouldn't question yourself over 1 person's opinion.

No, others actually avoid calling her even though that is protocol because she acts like a space cadet. We work with mostly men, so I'm sure at one point or another they all think we are a little loopy. it seems it is only her opinion yesterday since no one else asked me if there was anything wrong... I'm questioning my sanity not really because of what she said, but how it affected me as well. Looking back I think I was having a really bad day. Today is better and I think you all for listening to me vent like a little bitch.

taeric said:
So I don't get what your questioning here. Is it your own sanity, or your profesional environment/attitude? If you are getting "snippy" with people you work with over something as simple as being late or cracking jokes, you might want to think about why.

Further, you should not be emotionally vested in doing whatever it is you do at work. I know people always say that you should be passionate in what you do, but it should always be your passion influencing the work to make it better. Not the work influencing you to make you miserable.

Nope, definatly my sanity. Some people have the ability to push me to a point at which I am so aggrevated I am no longer the same person. I agree with your second comment as well, but it's what I'll do for probably the rest of my life and her actions and my attitude can directly effect our work enviornment real easy. Problem is, you can't really fire someone for the things that drive me nuts. :(

OK, It's official; everyone is fucking crazy and I'm OK with that. Including myself.

Thank you for all you advice and kind words. When I checked the forums today I actually laughed for a few minutes! <3