Have you ever dated someone stupid before..?

ieholly said:
the clue was "classic novel: ethan"
five spaces, so the obvious answer is frome.

i know its silly but i'm only attracted to smart guys. my bf right now is a research scientist who is going to yale law in a year. he is perfect. its true love. ;)
Smart has nothing to do with knowing the titles of 'classic novels' FWIW

Ethan Frome was one of the most godawful pieces of shit I've ever read

ChikkenNoodul said:
Smart has nothing to do with knowing the titles of 'classic novels' FWIW

of course it is a horrible novel, and i don't even think my current bf has ever heard of it. :) when he didn't know the answer to the clue it made me realize that i didn’t think he could even put a string of sentences together. (edit: which is kind of a leap, but however you get there you get there)

i almost dated a guy who wasn't as smart as me--he wasn't dumb, we weren't in the same level is all. (i hate how that makes me sound) we were still in the getting-to-know-each-other stage when i realized it wouldn't work out. so i made myself 'busy' to the point where he told me that it wouldn't work out anymore. oops. god, im a horrible person. :eek:

but anyways, i like seeing someone smarter than me. i like being challenged. which is why my current s/o is perfect. :eek:

sizzlinggrace said:
i almost dated a guy who wasn't as smart as me--he wasn't dumb, we weren't in the same level is all. (i hate how that makes me sound) we were still in the getting-to-know-each-other stage when i realized it wouldn't work out. so i made myself 'busy' to the point where he told me that it wouldn't work out anymore. oops. god, im a horrible person. :eek:

but anyways, i like seeing someone smarter than me. i like being challenged. which is why my current s/o is perfect. :eek:

Lookie what the cat dragged in! Now wheres that damn cat...

ChikkenNoodul said:

agreed

wharton needed smacked upside the head, thrown on a sled and pushed down a hill for it

ieholly said:
i once fired a guy because he didn't know the answer to this crossword clue. i couldn't see my self with someone who at least didn't know titles and synopsis of classic novels much less have actually read them. of course i didn't tell him that we were over because of a cross word clue. i thought that would be kinda mean. funny i actually remember the clue.

i've lost respect for people because of crossword clues

there's a guy here that i avoid because he didnt know the answer to one. balaams companion, three letters

Last edited: