haunted houses

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
do you go? what and where are some of the best ones you've been to? this netherworld one http://www.wsbtv.com/VJ/index.html looks pretty cool!!

i worked in one one time...i was a witch, and since i have been blessed with huge freakin' eyes, i stood really still, eyes WIDE open...this mom and son came in, and couldn't figure out if i was real or fake...they got closer, and closer, and then i screamed...i've NEVER seen a woman try to climb up her poor son so fast. i had to leave because i was crying from laughing too hard, and as i type this, i'm laughing. classic.

give me some good stories!!

I actually smiled when I saw this thread.

No! We haven't got haunted houses here or even mock ups. There was a huge old GP's manor close to where I used to live that a lot of kids used to go to on Halloween night. When I finally came of age that I could go, they knocked it down and built a subdivision. Grim stuff.

Actually... if you're really interested my friend and I were thinking about exploring an old cancer hospital up the road from us in a few weeks. It was closed for renovation 2 years ago, but a lot of the wards haven't been touched since. It's under guard, of course, but we just want to have a look. Threadworthy? Not haunted of course... but spooky... Although I know it's not halloween :(

they don't scare me either, but they're, fun, especially with people who do get spooked. they're also fun to admire.

there was an old mansion house in my small town that did haunted house stuff for awhile...till it got demolished. :( too bad those aren't really around much anymore.

what about haunted b&bs? or haunted anything?

haunted houses have to pay too much in liability insurance anymore, which, imho, sucks ass.

lawyers with too much time on their hands have screwed this country out of some great fucking pastimes.

I went to a genmay haunted house meet a couple years ago. It was spectacular. Everyone loved going through with me since I'm not a watcher of scary movies and so not at all desensitized. I scream.

I went to a genmay haunted house meet a couple years ago. It was spectacular. Everyone loved going through with me since I'm not a watcher of scary movies and so not at all desensitized. I scream.

omg that's the funniest thing in the world to me...when a man screams like a bitch. puts me in stitches. :fly:

I love a haunted house. I love being scared. I wonder if there are any good ones around here. I definitely scream. I haven't been to one at halloween time in years. I don't think I'd be able to work at one ever, cause yeah, I'd be too busy laughing.

Dan and I went to an amusement park in PA a few years ago and they have an excellent haunted house ride. It made us scream and giggle with delight. Best one I've ever seen for a ride.

Haunted Houses do nothing for me. I can't spend $20 to watch a rubberized monster with a chainsaw spray blood all over a room while eating someone's intestines. There's no 'scare' in that.

Exploring a 200-year old haunted asylum at night would be friggin' sweet though. I'd pay $20 for that.

Haunted Houses do nothing for me. I can't spend $20 to watch a rubberized monster with a chainsaw spray blood all over a room while eating someone's intestines. There's no 'scare' in that.

Exploring a 200-year old haunted asylum at night would be friggin' sweet though. I'd pay $20 for that.

There should be plenty of free real "haunted" places to go around.