Hate being sick

DirkPhoenix said:
Hot Toddy? Recipe plz?

heat up a mug of water to about how you like your tea or coffe, pour in about a shot of scotch, add lemon and honey to taste.

the best part is when you bring it close to sip it and breathe in the steam. very soothing to clogged sinuses and raw noses :)

F33nX said:
another variation which i've recently tried and loved is hot apple cider with a hint of lemon and yukon jack

speaking of hot cider & alcohol, every thanksgiving my dad hooks up the holiday cider. fill a crock pot with cider and add sum rum (to taste), dump in some mulling spices and a large orange that is covered in cloves. after about 2 hours, this drink is AWESOME.

SpangeMonkee said:
speaking of hot cider & alcohol, every thanksgiving my dad hooks up the holiday cider. fill a crock pot with cider and add sum rum (to taste), dump in some mulling spices and a large orange that is covered in cloves. after about 2 hours, this drink is AWESOME.

Damn that sounds yummy. Let's see...I've got a crock pot, rum, mulling spices....just need some cider and an orange! :drool:

Pandora said:
Damn that sounds yummy. Let's see...I've got a crock pot, rum, mulling spices....just need some cider and an orange! :drool:

you can not forget the cloves. you have to cover the whole orange.

but, see, this is not the best part of thanksgiving. my dad also makes a ham that takes 6 hours to cook. you don't even have to carve it. you pull the piece off with a fork. :drool: :drool: :drool:

i've been sick for the past few days. the sore throat seems to be getting worse since sunday night. it's killing me right now.

It took all conscious thought to keep from drooling on myself today, I was in a daze throughout. I didn't program a damn thing. I got paid for it though.

thrawn said:
It took all conscious thought to keep from drooling on myself today, I was in a daze throughout. I didn't program a damn thing. I got paid for it though.
ZICAM SIR (too late now, but next time)

Being sick is mainly mind games (when it comes to colds and stuff) Once you start saying you're getting sick and start thinking about it, you'll get sick.

Glass of orange juice and go to bed. Any time I've felt even slightly under the weather, I do that, and feel perfect in the morning.

I've only been sick twice in 15 years. One was conjuctivitis, the other strep.

Coqui said:
Being sick is mainly mind games (when it comes to colds and stuff) Once you start saying you're getting sick and start thinking about it, you'll get sick.

Glass of orange juice and go to bed. Any time I've felt even slightly under the weather, I do that, and feel perfect in the morning.

I've only been sick twice in 15 years. One was conjuctivitis, the other strep.

I've tried that, and all i've ended up doing is having a nice conversation with myself.

Couldn't sleep last night, so I got into work at 6:30. There was nobody here.