Hatching: <5 days

Hey we've downsized in the last few weeks!
I traded my rabbit for a hamster, then traded the hamster for an ottoman tray.

Drool-Boy said:
I suggest a pitbull
They love children
My friend Chris has 3 pitbulls, they love his little daughter and protect her from damn near everything. She lays on them and beats them with toys, not to mention pulls their ears and noses and stuff, they just lick her to get her to stop. They're 3 of the friendliest dogs I've ever seen, and saying that they're very protective of his daughter is an understatement.

CletusJones said:
My friend Chris has 3 pitbulls, they love his little daughter and protect her from damn near everything. She lays on them and beats them with toys, not to mention pulls their ears and noses and stuff, they just lick her to get her to stop. They're 3 of the friendliest dogs I've ever seen, and saying that they're very protective of his daughter is an understatement.

Which adds more firepower to my belief that it is not the breed of dog which connects to violence, it's always the owner.

KNYTE said:
Which adds more firepower to my belief that it is not the breed of dog which connects to violence, it's always the owner.

Some breeds are more likely to be dangerous than others. And some dogs are just born mean.

CletusJones said:
It's all in how you raise 'em, my in-laws have a Rottweiler that's the biggest softie of a dog I've ever seen

ChikkenNoodul said:
Poodles can be fucking vicious

And huskies can be real bitches.

But pitbulls, rotweillers, etc, are more inclined to be dangerous than other dogs. Over time that may change if there were a concerted effort to breed such characteristics out of them.

April23 said:
It's true.
Pitbulls are bred for their temperment.
I dated a girl who had one once, it was a total sweetheart. I've actually come across about 10 of them through people I know and all of them have been awesome, none were mean.

smileynev said:
And huskies can be real bitches.

But pitbulls, rotweillers, etc, are more inclined to be dangerous than other dogs. Over time that may change if there were a concerted effort to breed such characteristics out of them.

It is completely true that it all depends on the specific animal. I work at a vets office and there are very few dogs that scare me based on their breed. In general we are alway cautious of Dalmations, they can be vicious.
German Shepards are another breed that is handle with caution because we had one boarding with us that was a great dog, we'd sit outside with it, play tug of war etc. Then one day it was walking in the waiting room with the owner and just snapped, it ripped off part of one of our employees ears, and ripped open her face.
Huskies are the other breed we are very cautions of.

HifiGirly said:
It is completely true that it all depends on the specific animal. I work at a vets office and there are very few dogs that scare me based on their breed. In general we are alway cautious of Dalmations, they can be vicious.
German Shepards are another breed that is handle with caution because we had one boarding with us that was a great dog, we'd sit outside with it, play tug of war etc. Then one day it was walking in the waiting room with the owner and just snapped, it ripped off part of one of our employees ears, and ripped open her face.
Huskies are the other breed we are very cautions of.

Huskies will devour your soul if you're not careful.